The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Disappointed this week I've only lost 0.8kg but then realised that is 1.7 lbs and it's downwards and I didn't do Villa Fit as they are decorating the Dave Targett suite.
I know I'm boring the bollocks of some of you but this is serious weight loss and saving my life stuff
Not boring. Motivational. Keep giving updates. It's great reading your success.

Disappointed this week I've only lost 0.8kg but then realised that is 1.7 lbs and it's downwards and I didn't do Villa Fit as they are decorating the Dave Targett suite.
I know I'm boring the bollocks of some of you but this is serious weight loss and saving my life stuff

Same here. Not boring at all. Great stuff , keep going.

Been a bit down this week, struggled with eating the same stuff for weeks I think.
Waited until 9am this morning for the weigh-in and, I've managed another 0.8kg loss which has cheered me up. I've cracked below 17st now which I know most of you will think is still fat bastard territory but my BMI is 34 now, it was 41 and dangerous, I'm now just obese and almost down to overweight which is most of us apparently

Villa fit was tough on Monday really struggled but managed as much as the younger blokes, the coaches have upped the weights and the times. Having people to "compete" with is the key to keeping going, no way could I do some of this at home alone, I know I'd give up well before the time.

Well worth doing if you live within easy travelling distance of Villa Park and you don't have to be too much overweight, some of the lads are only a couple of stones overweight. There are only 5 of us left from the original 12/14 as they have all slowly disappeared. It is a shame when three Foundation people turn up to help and people can't be bothered to stick it out.

There is another course in January if anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you a contact.

Been a bit down this week, struggled with eating the same stuff for weeks I think.
Waited until 9am this morning for the weigh-in and, I've managed another 0.8kg loss which has cheered me up. I've cracked below 17st now which I know most of you will think is still fat bastard territory but my BMI is 34 now, it was 41 and dangerous, I'm now just obese and almost down to overweight which is most of us apparently

Villa fit was tough on Monday really struggled but managed as much as the younger blokes, the coaches have upped the weights and the times. Having people to "compete" with is the key to keeping going, no way could I do some of this at home alone, I know I'd give up well before the time.

Well worth doing if you live within easy travelling distance of Villa Park and you don't have to be too much overweight, some of the lads are only a couple of stones overweight. There are only 5 of us left from the original 12/14 as they have all slowly disappeared. It is a shame when three Foundation people turn up to help and people can't be bothered to stick it out.

There is another course in January if anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you a contact.

Brilliant stuff mate. So easy to give up or like some of the others have done not carry on with the sessions. well done for pushing yourself through it and bet you feel great getting through a tough week seeing the reward.

Really great initiative from Villa as well.

Brilliant 57. Keep it up. Just think, even if you don't lose the weight or as much as you like you are still getting fitter. Training the heart. Just keep at the front of your mind that this is a life or death decision.
Live long fit and happy. Or die alot younger.
Stay motivated you have done an amazing job.

Brilliant stuff mate. So easy to give up or like some of the others have done not carry on with the sessions. well done for pushing yourself through it and bet you feel great getting through a tough week seeing the reward.

Really great initiative from Villa as well.
Brilliant 57. Keep it up. Just think, even if you don't lose the weight or as much as you like you are still getting fitter. Training the heart. Just keep at the front of your mind that this is a life or death decision.
Live long fit and happy. Or die alot younger.
Stay motivated you have done an amazing job.

Thanks, both it's taken some willpower I can tell you, especially as I am at home all day and ten paces from the fridge. I use a tea plate and limit portion sizes to those you see on these cooking shows! I'm getting used to it no, I've upped my calories from 800 to 1000 now and that still gives me a deficit of 7000cals a week, which still gives me a weight loss of about a kilo, depending on how rigid I count the calorie.
I'm going to hit the wall soon and then I'll up the activity, I have vibration plates and a spin bike in the house which I can use. My goal is to get the Mountain bike out of the shed next summer it's 5 years old and done about a mile!

I always skip over this thread. I'm not that into fitness and that. I was surprised to read all about @Villan57 s journey to fitness.

Fair play to you, fella. Keep it up.
Thanks mate, I am never going to be a fitness fanatic either just wanted to be able to do my shoelaces up without a major fight, I have getting to 99kg as a target by the end of the year, still, 8kg to go, so I'm looking at the end of Jan I expect realistically.
My ideal weight is 78kg maximum and I haven't been that in over 40 years, to get there would take me into the fanatic level and I really don't enjoy exercise for the sake of it never have

I have done 1050 miles of running so far this year.

Got 150 to do in 5 weeks or soo to meet my goal of 1200 for the year or 100 average per month. Would have done it easily if I hadn't had to isolate for 10 days and had a hamstring strain.

Will still do it , but I am going to have to get some extra miles in somewhere along the line.

The penultimate week of Villa Fit has come and gone and now there are only 4 of us left standing another one has quit for personal reasons, shame because he was very keen.
I'm still losing weight but a little more slowly now, final weigh in next Monday and I won't have cracked my 1 stone a month goal but I won't be far away.
Overall it's a good course for me but obviously, the vast majority have quit at some point. we have 3 Villa foundation staff to 4 of us now.
It's good of the club to fund these things but as fans, we really need to support them better.

The penultimate week of Villa Fit has come and gone and now there are only 4 of us left standing another one has quit for personal reasons, shame because he was very keen.
I'm still losing weight but a little more slowly now, final weigh in next Monday and I won't have cracked my 1 stone a month goal but I won't be far away.
Overall it's a good course for me but obviously, the vast majority have quit at some point. we have 3 Villa foundation staff to 4 of us now.
It's good of the club to fund these things but as fans, we really need to support them better.

Shame it hasn't been better supported. Well done to you though.

Are you left to your own devices once it has finished ?

Shame it hasn't been better supported. Well done to you though.

Are you left to your own devices once it has finished?

Yes I think we are left to sail alone but I hope to be able to use my new found connections to get on the walking football at star city, technically I'm not old enough as I'm not 65 for a year but got invited a few weeks ago. I hope that invite stands.

Shame I can't do another 12 weeks but it isn't just gym work it would repeat the lifestyle course again and I've already done it at Villa and Heartlands Hospital, I'mconfdent I could teach it by now!

In my head, if I can get more involved with the club, I could actually get some sort of role as a volunteer or something. I mean I've nothing else to do these days and I have coached at Junior/youth level before even though I don't have any coaching certificates. I'll see how it pans out, in my experience, they are always short of volunteers or mugs who do stuff for nothing

Yes I think we are left to sail alone but I hope to be able to use my new found connections to get on the walking football at star city, technically I'm not old enough as I'm not 65 for a year but got invited a few weeks ago. I hope that invite stands.

Shame I can't do another 12 weeks but it isn't just gym work it would repeat the lifestyle course again and I've already done it at Villa and Heartlands Hospital, I'mconfdent I could teach it by now!

In my head, if I can get more involved with the club, I could actually get some sort of role as a volunteer or something. I mean I've nothing else to do these days and I have coached at Junior/youth level before even though I don't have any coaching certificates. I'll see how it pans out, in my experience, they are always short of volunteers or mugs who do stuff for nothing

Great idea. Imagine having to go to Villa park every day.

My idea of heaven.

Great idea. Imagine having to go to Villa park every day.

My idea of heaven.
The foundation people really have got some hobby jobs, the sort of jobs a Villa Fan would do for nothing, the best bit the 3 we have one is a Cov fan another is a Liverpool fan and the 3rd wouldn't say so I'm guessing a nose FFS. They all get 2 Season tickets when they get a job as well

The foundation people really have got some hobby jobs, the sort of jobs a Villa Fan would do for nothing, the best bit the 3 we have one is a Cov fan another is a Liverpool fan and the 3rd wouldn't say so I'm guessing a nose FFS. They all get 2 Season tickets when they get a job as well

I have thought about trying to do the Stadium tours when I retire. All you have to do is talk about the Villa all day !!!!

I have thought about trying to do the Stadium tours when I retire. All you have to do is talk about the Villa all day !!!!
You do anyway so why not.
My situation is I'm about £100 a week light until I can claim my state pension in 2 years, so stumbling into a hobby job on minimum wage would be brilliant.

Right then, Villa fit has now finished and in 11 weeks I lost 11kg. I've lost 26/27kg in total, depending on how accurate our Doctors scales were compared to ours

Now then I'm going to have a go at walking football in January at Star City Goals on their latest technology artificial pitch.
I'm one of these people who has all the gear but no idea types, I was wondering if I should get boots for artificial grass or boots for hard ground or what? Has anyone got any experience of these latest pitches?

Right then, Villa fit has now finished and in 11 weeks I lost 11kg. I've lost 26/27kg in total, depending on how accurate our Doctors scales were compared to ours

Now then I'm going to have a go at walking football in January at Star City Goals on their latest technology artificial pitch.
I'm one of these people who has all the gear but no idea types, I was wondering if I should get boots for artificial grass or boots for hard ground or what? Has anyone got any experience of these latest pitches?

Not personally , but when my lad played on those type of pitches the boots for artificial pitches were fine..

Great stuff by the way. I am nearly proud of you lol.