The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Started the Michael Mosley 21 day body turnaround.

Happy to say is very good, not faddy and very thorough.

If only our education system focussed on this sort of thing from an early age, following the 'what are we feeding our kids' scientific study, maybe at some point, 'we' will.

Enjoying that Mosley one. Honestly don't think I've watched him before but he's on the button.

Just so daft so much of it is obvious and that's not me digging at those taking part - those in glass houses etc.

The particular worry is, whilst not studying the programme (as I'm talking nonsense on here), they are mostly presenting as letting themselves go over lockdown, so if the deterioration is that quick that's quite startling in itself.

Restaurants say plans to display the calorie content of food on menus in England should be delayed while the sector recovers from the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57282218

I completely agree. To redesign menus after this kind of loss is completely mental.

I suggest as a stop gap, the Gov encourage them to invest in a permanent marker or give an employee with a lazer printer a tenner to come up with normal sheets of A4 paper with the details on.

:lol:

I'm pretty sure this might affect JPA, and I can only guess he has his own cost effective workaround ideas - as do others.

The van Tulleken one is a lot broader than I expected from the adverts so far - but it's winding me up - I just don't want to turn on the parents yet.

That MRI after 4 weeks is frightening.

I just can't see why these studies haven't been done before. i know I've posted before, having read about it, that these mass manufactured foods are made to be addictive and tap into the same parts of the brain as drugs.

It is a worldwide scandal. Not sure if it is anywhere here still, but I recall doing a thread a good few years ago on the programmes the truth about diets, low fat, sugar etc. The men who made us fat, something like that. The food industry is a cynical, money making, monster, that try to pretend they care about the consumer. If they did, they wouldn't make half the shit they do. As can be seen in the BBC One programme and what Nestle were doing in Brazil.

Yup, that's been long known about with the only debate I guess being 'were they addictive' ie the ingredients, or did they simply act addictive with repeat behaviour.

It just struck me as such a stark change for what was really quite an insignificant (you'd have thought) period of time.

Glad it wasn't a supersize repeat as I originally thought as being more broad sweeping maybe it'll get some traction now and some good will come of it.

So I'm back in the gym. I'm at Fearless gym now which is owned by an old friend who got me into Thai boxing when I was 18.
Brilliant gym. They do Thai, MMA, BJJ, wrestling and boxing classes and have a massive weights room.
I've only done the Thai and boxing classes so far as I am a newbie for the others and don't feel brave enough yet.
I have a boxing fight on the 24th September. As long as restrictions allow. Gulp. Again.
I currently have a black eye from last night during a round with what I can only describe as a god dam freak of nature. He looked like Joshua but with 3 years worth of steroid cycles inside. Next session I will be avoiding him.

So I'm back in the gym. I'm at Fearless gym now which is owned by an old friend who got me into Thai boxing when I was 18.
Brilliant gym. They do Thai, MMA, BJJ, wrestling and boxing classes and have a massive weights room.
I've only done the Thai and boxing classes so far as I am a newbie for the others and don't feel brave enough yet.
I have a boxing fight on the 24th September. As long as restrictions allow. Gulp. Again.
I currently have a black eye from last night during a round with what I can only describe as a god dam freak of nature. He looked like Joshua but with 3 years worth of steroid cycles inside. Next session I will be avoiding him.

Not sure about anyone else but I always like Colavfc‘s posts. They are always informative and written well. He seems like a top bloke.

And in no way am I saying this because he is clearly very ‘handy’. Not at all .:whist:

For me the big no no. Is sugary drinks.
Vile. Disgusting. Total waste of calories. And always makes my teeth feel like they need brushing.
Two coffees in the morning. Then water for the rest of the day. I might have one can of Pepsi Max if I'm watching a film or something.

Following on from Wednesdays 10k , I did a relay race last night (2 miles per leg) and did my leg in 15.09 with the first mile at 7.22 which is one of my quickest miles for years I think.

Overall our team did it in 59.07 so considering all of us were over 50 we were pretty pleased to break an hour for 8 miles.

Also followed that up this morning (14 hours later) with a 4 mile recovery run in 35 mins.