The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

I didn't know whether to post this, or not. Don't want to bore you all!!

On Sunday I did a great 31 mile ride, but Monday I had dead legs. They had no life at all. If it had been my normal bike, I would have done nothing, but with the motor now, I thought just get out. I let the motor do more work than normal, but got the legs moving for 16 miles, and they felt great on Tuesday.

I just love how much control I have now. If I ant to climb a hill, I can have a go, but if it's too much just use the assistance.

These ebikes really are amazing.

They can't do much about 35 mph winds, though, so I did skip today. In my defence, I tried, but it wasn't pleasant.
That is NOT boring. It is brilliant and motivational.

Thanks, Col. I really do think I would have given up for a few days on the old bike.

22 miles yesterday, in all this wind, and I felt great afterwards, so it really is worth pushing on, isn't it.

I've actually just won a second bike on ebay!!!! Put in a silly low bid and won, so I'm quite happy. It's an offroader, and the motor is being switched to it. I can get onto the South downs quite easily here.

Looking forward to that.

Thanks, Col. I really do think I would have given up for a few days on the old bike.

22 miles yesterday, in all this wind, and I felt great afterwards, so it really is worth pushing on, isn't it.

I've actually just won a second bike on ebay!!!! Put in a silly low bid and won, so I'm quite happy. It's an offroader, and the motor is being switched to it. I can get onto the South downs quite easily here.

Looking forward to that.

Even if you'd given up mate...you were still out. That shouldn't be a thing on my reading.

Just getting out is part of the thing, that is at the very least fitness for the mind/mental health.

I've had to have a few days off training, been treating a lower back issue, used a back stretching thing, think it triggered the brain, the one day my hands weren't really with me, other than pain and then yesterday I couldn't feel my feet as one would have liked. It might be a coincidence, it could be the training, but to be fair, with the brain aches, I can do feck all and get an attack, so I always push on when ok to do so.

Might all have clicked back into place by tomorrow, can never tell, but when there is a certain tightness at the back of the head (hind brain) I know not to argue. Sounds odd, because at times it can be severe, the next minute I'll be fine and pushing on with heavy duty training.

Mate of mine on whatsapp when I casually mentioned the fact I couldn't feel my feet (which is actually a bit inaccurate, they are actually quite painful when like that) he said 'you terrify me' !!!!!!!!!! Don't know why, but made me smile.

Thing is, with the training I'm doing, it is necessary to have a rest, the muscles always respond very positively, and this is generally why I try not to take planned rests, because I usually get a forced one at some stage, so might as well use that as a 'as positive as possible' opportunity for the muscles to get their break.

LOL, come on Mike. Join the revolution.

It might only be the shop, but I am now out and about every day myself mate instead of being in 4 walls. It's not exercise per se, but we're undergoing a complete house change so I'm doing my own thing on a revolution lol

I've had to flog my weight bench for financial reasons, but we have a rowing machine I intend to pummel in the coming months. Losing my mum/lockdown has changed my outlook on life completely given how I used to work.

I'm going to be poorer but I intend on being happier.

My regime has been fractioned. Im 4 days into a 30 day 12hour a day contract. So my time has been sliced.
So i have only managed 30 minutes of weights each night before my bath. I do sneak some jumping squats in during the day though to get the blood pumping.
Just hoping this stretch of time doesnt undo the hard work ive done. Well, just got to make sure it doesnt i suppose.

It won't, takes a long time for the progress to reverse, unless you stop totally and eating too much crap obviously.

I have periods out due to the obvious issue, but as long as I get back in asap, the muscle memory is remarkable really.

I didn't know whether to post this, or not. Don't want to bore you all!!

On Sunday I did a great 31 mile ride, but Monday I had dead legs. They had no life at all. If it had been my normal bike, I would have done nothing, but with the motor now, I thought just get out. I let the motor do more work than normal, but got the legs moving for 16 miles, and they felt great on Tuesday.

I just love how much control I have now. If I ant to climb a hill, I can have a go, but if it's too much just use the assistance.

These ebikes really are amazing.

They can't do much about 35 mph winds, though, so I did skip today. In my defence, I tried, but it wasn't pleasant.

Cycled to work Monday morning, got there incredibly quick for a single speed bike, thought gosh that was easy! The ride home though 😩 jeez that wind made it hard work! Just about beat the rain today on the way home, great feeling when that happens!

Cycled to work Monday morning, got there incredibly quick for a single speed bike, thought gosh that was easy! The ride home though 😩 jeez that wind made it hard work! Just about beat the rain today on the way home, great feeling when that happens!

LOL, yes, rode to Brighton into the wind today. Then wondered why I got home so quick. It was so much fun.

I've had a bit of a result. Got a Trek 6000 Mountain Bike on ebay really cheap. Deore XT gears and brakes. Going to transfer the motor to that and use the Hybrid without one as a road bike. Hoping a combination will get me fitter faster, and we have some great offroad routes down here.

LOL, yes, rode to Brighton into the wind today. Then wondered why I got home so quick. It was so much fun.

I've had a bit of a result. Got a Trek 6000 Mountain Bike on ebay really cheap. Deore XT gears and brakes. Going to transfer the motor to that and use the Hybrid without one as a road bike. Hoping a combination will get me fitter faster, and we have some great offroad routes down here.

I did London to Brighton last summer on one of those red hot days we had, really nice ride until I got to the point where I had to start ascending to the top of Devil’s Dyke, jeez that was hard work! Came very close to getting off and walking, great views up there though and at least it’s downhill all the way to Brighton after!

I think there’ll be some good deals to be had on bikes in a few months when everyone who’s bought one recently decides they don’t like it anymore because it’s cold, dark and wet 😂 I got my new setup back yesterday too, Planet X carbon frame out and Cinelli steel in.

Brilliant. I know that's what you wanted. What sort of kit has it got on it? Ultegra?

Devil's Dyke is quite steep!!! I've done it twice in the last few weeks. 45 mph coming down it, though!! But Ditchling Beacon is even worse. That's where they send the professionals when they have road races here. Coming from Staffordshire the South Downs are quite hilly.

Brilliant. I know that's what you wanted. What sort of kit has it got on it? Ultegra?

Devil's Dyke is quite steep!!! I've done it twice in the last few weeks. 45 mph coming down it, though!! But Ditchling Beacon is even worse. That's where they send the professionals when they have road races here. Coming from Staffordshire the South Downs are quite hilly.

Bit of Ultegra and 105. 105 is all the average man/woman needs, you’re only paying for a few less grams on the Ultegra stuff and the bling obviously!

Yeah when I got to Brighton I had a drink at the pub by the station and a couple of people told me about that one, seems like you can’t get to Brighton without going up hill first! Have also been to newhaven and Dover from London and there’s a fair bit of climbing before getting to those places too!

Yeah, I used to have 105 on my 531 frame. It was just wat I needed.

The South Downs are hillier than you'd expect. The Beacon has a lot of switchbacks, up a very steep and long hill. Of course, the pros just race up it.

Hope you've got some good runs around you. Used to love the lanes around Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield.

Yeah, I used to have 105 on my 531 frame. It was just wat I needed.

The South Downs are hillier than you'd expect. The Beacon has a lot of switchbacks, up a very steep and long hill. Of course, the pros just race up it.

Hope you've got some good runs around you. Used to love the lanes around Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield.

Yeah do love a switchback! Can’t remember what hill it was that I went up towards Newhaven but it dragged on forever, actually went passed it initially and ‘thought glad I end going up there’, then my garmin started beeping at me to say I’d missed my turn 😩

I live in south birmingham but I’ve been up that way a few times, some good runs round there yeah.

Weight still coming off.

I've now lost 2 stone 5lb.

13st 10.6lb > 11st 5.6lb

I can't ever remember being this low as an adult. Lowest I remember was in 2009 when I was 11st 7lb.

Will be nice to just lose 2lb more, hit that 2 and a half stone mark and then try to keep around that.

Weight still coming off.

I've now lost 2 stone 5lb.

13st 10.6lb > 11st 5.6lb

I can't ever remember being this low as an adult. Lowest I remember was in 2009 when I was 11st 7lb.

Will be nice to just lose 2lb more, hit that 2 and a half stone mark and then try to keep around that.

Personally my weight has gone up this year but it’s a good thing for me. Last year really struggled with diet after a stomach infection, food/drink was going in one end and out the other almost as quick. Went down to just over 10 and half stone which is fairly low, I was looking pretty skinny too. Eventually found out it was coeliac disease, change of diet and even with the regular exercise I’ve mentioned in above comments my weight has slowly risen again. Looking and feeling much healthier, I’m now around 11 and a half which is roughly what I’ve been since I can remember. If I wasn’t active I’d be a big lad though I know that much.