The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

2 stone done....

From 13 stone 10lb to 11 stone 10lb.

Next target is to get under 11 stone 7lb which would be the lowest I have ever been as an adult.

Still doing the ab workouts, to try and make myself less wobbly.

The wobbly bits (LOL) take time mate. When the gym re-opens, some weights will definitely sort you!

Great work though, amazing to think we've managed 2 stone each now. Really pleased we set on this quest!

Another that is well worth listening to, just for the one bit... "slow it down, it is about quality not banging out loads of reps".]

8 and a half miles. Wasn't going to do anywhere near that because of the heat and pooch, even though we were out early. She seemed happy , cooled off in the stream a couple of times and I saw a couple of people i knew so stopped for a chat and she rested. So went further than planned .
Despite the warmth I felt good today. Could have done more but need to be wary of too much for pooch. She is cooling off on the kitchen floor tiles now.

8 and a half miles. Wasn't going to do anywhere near that because of the heat and pooch, even though we were out early. She seemed happy , cooled off in the stream a couple of times and I saw a couple of people i knew so stopped for a chat and she rested. So went further than planned .
Despite the warmth I felt good today. Could have done more but need to be wary of too much for pooch. She is cooling off on the kitchen floor tiles now.

Well done .My long run is tomorrow will do between 8-10 miles. Will be out early as well . Love running early , it's the best time of the day for me.

Well done .My long run is tomorrow will do between 8-10 miles. Will be out early as well . Love running early , it's the best time of the day for me.

Yes. Got into the habit now of doing a longer run at the weekend. Such a relief when the weather is better and the evenings lighter. Love it.

Had a few too many (forced) rest days recently so pushed on today. Did a great boxing session (45 mins) this morning. A weighted (3 stone) walk to mom and dads. And this afternoon an immense session in the gym.

Not something I'd do every day, but very pleased to have got so much done, hopefully it will kick start a decent week, including sensible non frustrating active rest days.

Yes, mixing it up is great for the different muscles for sure. Good how you mix it up these days I think.

Getting my shred on! Another push day today. How I will feel tomorrow will be interesting, as squats and deadlifts are taxing on the fittest folks and with the brain issue, that means I'm not the fittest of folk!

But managed 9 chin ups straight off, most for years. And then a great vibro plate workout with my 3 stone jacket on, to really tire the legs, before front squats (can't get a bar on my neck (hind brain) for obvious reasons) and then deadlifts. Then managed to do a farmers walk (40kg - 2 x 20kg olympic plates) and then some face pulls that Jeff talk 'me' !!!

Doing so much tensing, flexing and muscle engagement at the moment, think my abs are going to end up the flattest and most defined I've ever got them.

Well that was a disappointment of a run tonight. There I was running along a track having just exited a path around a field where I encountered a fit as blonde 20 something fully lycra clad who was appearing to have just finished fixing her bike
"Excuse me" , she said .
Cue much immediate excitement. You have still got it Melon.
"Can I ask you....."
Here you go son , here you go ....
"....not to run in that field"
What !!!

Turns out she must know the land owner (the local farmer owns all the land around the village) or be related as she started quoting him by name and the environment in the field or some bollox. They are always banging on about people walking where they shouldn't.

In my indignation that she wasn't trying to chat me up I just muttered some bollox about living in the village for the best part of 40 years and it's never been a problem and ran off with pooch swinging the poo bag as I went

12.1% would be the answer, if the question was 'Fear, what was your body fat % when you weighed in yesterday?'

:wahey:

Another 40kg farmers walk today, tough going, but all this is working! Good session in the gym as well, really being strict with just 60second rests etc, got my stopwatch going (usually do but sometimes it is hard not to take liberties!) so worked up a very good sweat in this heat.

Nice quick routine with slightly different exercises for the biceps. People usually go for the normal curls and variations.

Tried this today, did 2 sets (so 20 mins) and really enjoyed the pump.

Taken the plunge, I've done variations of two Men's Fitness plans for 24 odd weeks now, need a change, so gone for a Jeff Cavaliere plan.

3 months base plan, then beast plan then total beast plan. So for the money (£77 ish) that is a decent 9 month set of plans.

https://athleanx.com/beast?utm_sour...m_campaign=beaxst#1542998399132-69d20d14-60f0

Loved his youtube videos and have implemented an awful lot of his advice, so thought sod it, why not.