The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 75 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

My bike has never been near a mountain. As I come out of my drive, the left is uphill right is down hill. That's the decision I have as I live halfway up a fairly steep hill or halfway down a steep hill take your pick.
There is no such thing as flat roads around here, I now realise why not many people ride bikes, Brum. Apart from getting killed or seriously injured of course.
My left is downhill, my right is uphill.
There are no flat roads around here either.
Across the way the newish neighbour is fond of telling anyone who will listen that he finished thirteenth in the World Triathlon finals, in Canada, I think, don't quote me.
He now loads his bike into his car because he says the hills are to steep and he risks injury.

The problem is you should warm up before doing any exercise. Going uphill straight away isn't a warm up, and going down isn't much use at all.

Yep I'm struggling with lower back pain and have had to stop exercising for the last 10 days, Can't do my football or Cycle. I think it was putting my socks on but not sure what triggered it this time .

Have you seen the new Swytch bike battery? It looks like a big phone power bank, should be available soon.
Also, a kit called Skarper which dives through a special brake disc and is removable?

Yep I'm struggling with lower back pain and have had to stop exercising for the last 10 days, Can't do my football or Cycle. I think it was putting my socks on but not sure what triggered it this time .

Have you seen the new Swytch bike battery? It looks like a big phone power bank, should be available soon.
Also, a kit called Skarper which dives through a special brake disc and is removable?

Bit flash, the presentation, but some good stretches here.

Yes warming up is pretty essential. From experience dynamic rather than static stretching is the best thing to do before exercising.

Did the Redditch 10k today , new event so didn't know the route , but it turned out to be pretty brutal. As our mighty leader informed me after , there aren't really many flat bits around the town so seemed to spend the 10k going up or down . The third mile was almost all up hill and into a stiff wind and all in all it turned out to be the hardest 10k I have ever done.

Was pretty pleased to do 54 mins 36 secs and actually came 6th in my age category (55-60) . Nothing compared to our fellow runner Rocket Ron aged 72 who did it in 43.25 and said halfway through he knew a good time wasn't on and decided to treat it as a training run!!!!

Incredible

He is. Came 3rd in the European veterans 10k in Italy the other week , the two ahead of him were 2 years younger. The 10k was in the evening and he did the 5k race the following morning and came 9th. He was disappointed with that. !!!

Incredible runner. Worked in a factory all his life so not an ex professional or anything like that.

Did the Redditch 10k today , new event so didn't know the route , but it turned out to be pretty brutal. As our mighty leader informed me after , there aren't really many flat bits around the town so seemed to spend the 10k going up or down . The third mile was almost all up hill and into a stiff wind and all in all it turned out to be the hardest 10k I have ever done.

Was pretty pleased to do 54 mins 36 secs and actually came 6th in my age category (55-60) . Nothing compared to our fellow runner Rocket Ron aged 72 who did it in 43.25 and said halfway through he knew a good time wasn't on and decided to treat it as a training run!!!!

Lots of excuses in that first paragraph tbh.

I nutmegged the keeper today, for the goal of the match! I also used my considerable upper body strength to "ease" one of the opposing players into the boards, I really enjoyed that as it was revenge for my blooded toe from last week!
Walking football is now becoming a real man's game!

Any of you fit buggers got a reliable method of measuring the distance I am walking.
When I was running I always knew my pace and distance done, or it was an official run so you always knew
No idea with walking.

Any of you fit buggers got a reliable method of measuring the distance I am walking.
When I was running I always knew my pace and distance done, or it was an official run so you always knew
No idea with walking.

I think , the most accurate way will be with a GPS watch. Not sure what the cheapest Garmin is nowadays , but I think they are about £100. I use a Garmin Forerunner25 and it is very accurate.

Thank you for that. I think I will pass on that, it's only for glorified dog walks. Thought there might be a reliable app or something.