The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Well done. Won't be long before I have you out running.

Won't be happening mate, I've tried a gym and that was boring as hell, so running there and back to see how far it is, isn't going to cut it.

Never enjoyed running, even at school, I used to walk around the cross country course.
100 yards I was as fast as anyone but 200 I was average and 400 I'd be last.
Loved playing football and cricket but exercise for the sake of it was a no no.

Won't be happening mate, I've tried a gym and that was boring as hell, so running there and back to see how far it is, isn't going to cut it.

Never enjoyed running, even at school, I used to walk around the cross country course.

Sounds like that walking football would be ideal. I think the Villa Foundation put some on.

In which case, view it as a medicine, better than an injection isn't it? Sets the body up right, whether you find it boring or not. Get a personal instructor, say you don't want to be a bronzed adonis, just general help in weight loss for diabetes.

It works hand in hand with diet and actually might make the diet easier.

As said, you don't like it, I get that, so view it as medicine. You don't like/struggle with the diet (understandably) but that is also a medicine, to cure your diabetes is it not?

In which case, view it as a medicine, better than an injection isn't it? Sets the body up right, whether you find it boring or not. Get a personal instructor, say you don't want to be a bronzed adonis, just general help in weight loss for diabetes.

It works hand in hand with diet and actually might make the diet easier.

As said, you don't like it, I get that, so view it as medicine. You don't like/struggle with the diet (understandably) but that is also a medicine, to cure your diabetes is it not?
I think there is something in that. I have been given an exercise routine by the guy that I went to see to scan my knee.
I think physio is absolute bollocks, but having paid to see him I thought I might aswell give it a go.
After just 4-5 days I can feel a definite tensioning in my muscles and have bought in to his routines. I see them as a way back to fitness that will then allow me to get out and about again.
If you hate running 57 try the walking route, I can confirm it becomes addictive after a while and you really look forward to it and feel good after it.
It clears the head aswell, and puts you in a good frame of mind.

I've started getting into running. I want to get a proper pair of running shoes before I do myself some damage. I'll need to order them off Amazon from the UK since they don't make Malaysians in my size. I saw some Under Armour shoes that fit the bill. Has anyone used Under Armour running shoes? Are they any good?

I've started getting into running. I want to get a proper pair of running shoes before I do myself some damage. I'll need to order them off Amazon from the UK since they don't make Malaysians in my size. I saw some Under Armour shoes that fit the bill. Has anyone used Under Armour running shoes? Are they any good?

I have never had a pair so no idea. I always get Saucony which are terrific value and quality.

Not for running, for obvious reasons, but for my walking and for the marathon, and yes, fit nice, so comfy, last well.

I'm going to sound like a chav now.
But I won't do any exercise without Nike air. By far the most comfortable and best for performance in my view. But we are all different.

Asics gel have done me fine for a good few years now. (Always with gel for the cushioning , nothing less). You obviously go off track for your jungle walks . If you do the same with your running there are some trail running Asics gel shoes that have gortex lining which I use . Slightly heavier but look like normal running shoes.

Also it's worth knowing that you should change your trainers every 400 miles maximum or else you will lose the cushioning benefits.