The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Have developed a problem with my heel this week. Out of nowhere , dull ache , not been able to put proper pressure on it. I wondered about it being some sort of stress fracture but a couple of ibuprofen and paracetamol took the edge off massively which said to me it wasn’t.
Read up and I reckon it is possibly plantar fasciitis. Because I try and work through any niggles which works for me usually , I went for a run this morning and went from thinking I need to stop to doing 7 miles. And now this evening it feels better than it has for a few days. According to the symptoms of plantar fasciitis it is worse in the morning and then get easier when you exercise/move around . Looking at what it is caused by , one thing is poor footwear cushioning or support, running on hard surfaces or with an existing tight calf or heel.
Well last week I did I 9 mile and I think I posted after that my legs feel like my trainers had gone. So i reckon thats it.

Been a bad week because yesterday I was tackled from behind by the hoover (don’t ask) and left me with a right bang on my right calf which I needed to ice. :slap:

Painful treatment but works like a charm. I ended up buying my own machine, as so many areas to treat!

https://www.physiofixed.me/shockwave

There are stretches, easy to google, but nothing ever worked as good as shockwave and my feet (as they are flat as well) have never responded to anything as well as this treatment.

Have developed a problem with my heel this week. Out of nowhere , dull ache , not been able to put proper pressure on it. I wondered about it being some sort of stress fracture but a couple of ibuprofen and paracetamol took the edge off massively which said to me it wasn’t.
Read up and I reckon it is possibly plantar fasciitis. Because I try and work through any niggles which works for me usually , I went for a run this morning and went from thinking I need to stop to doing 7 miles. And now this evening it feels better than it has for a few days. According to the symptoms of plantar fasciitis it is worse in the morning and then get easier when you exercise/move around . Looking at what it is caused by , one thing is poor footwear cushioning or support, running on hard surfaces or with an existing tight calf or heel.
Well last week I did I 9 mile and I think I posted after that my legs feel like my trainers had gone. So i reckon thats it.

Been a bad week because yesterday I was tackled from behind by the hoover (don’t ask) and left me with a right bang on my right calf which I needed to ice. :slap:

Trainers are good for about 350-400 miles in general , I keep a note of the mileage I do in mine so I know when to change them as poor cushioning can cause a few problems.

6 miles on Tuesday.

4 miles of intervals Thursday morning then a couple of miles with Sirdennis jnr Thursday evening.

Normal 5k at Cannon Hill today after a mile warm up. Did it in 24.50 so really happy to go sub 25 mins . Felt very comfortable doing it as well , so the change in my training is paying dividends.

Oh and 3 kettlebell sessions this week as well.

My heel is getting there . Definitely think it is plantar fasciitis as it’s cleared up with a bit of pain relief and management of exercise. Although high chance it will come back I suspect . Although the new trainers will help and will keep on top in getting new ones sooner.

I went for a run on the roads this week and it really aggravated it. Normally I’m on the grass and muddy tracks so it’s softer and I will be staying off road and using the treadmill for quite a while now I think .

My heel is getting there . Definitely think it is plantar fasciitis as it’s cleared up with a bit of pain relief and management of exercise. Although high chance it will come back I suspect . Although the new trainers will help and will keep on top in getting new ones sooner.

I went for a run on the roads this week and it really aggravated it. Normally I’m on the grass and muddy tracks so it’s softer and I will be staying off road and using the treadmill for quite a while now I think .

thing to do is always keep up with the exercises whether in pain or not, keeps on top of it then.

thing to do is always keep up with the exercises whether in pain or not, keeps on top of it then.

Glad you have said this as I always try and work through the niggles and aches but wonder if I’m being stupid (Mrs M says I am for doing it) but seems to work for me.

Glad you have said this as I always try and work through the niggles and aches but wonder if I’m being stupid (Mrs M says I am for doing it) but seems to work for me.

Nah, once you get a weakness or something like this, and find something that makes it better, just common sense to keep on top of it, so I can confirm - at a distance and in the full knowledge she doesn't have my address - Mrs Melon Donkey is wrong!

Also, you want to keep on top of it so it doesn't get worse, my planter bands are awful, although bizarrely there is a tie in with the fillum disease I had the op in Barca on, so that might explain part of it! Which is why I use the shockwave. They were much better 8 or 9 months ago, I stopped using the treatment, hey presto, they weren't much better for long!

Needed to do six miles to hit my target of 100 for the month.

Went out round the country lanes so peaceful and quiet , and if you can't enjoy a run on a day like today then there is something wrong.

I can honestly say I've never enjoyed a run ever, stems back to school when they used to bully us into cross country. I loved Football, Cricket most sports but running for the sake of it I've never quite got. Probably me having the build of a 100m sprinter didn't help

I can honestly say I've never enjoyed a run ever, stems back to school when they used to bully us into cross country. I loved Football, Cricket most sports but running for the sake of it I've never quite got. Probably me having the build of a 100m sprinter didn't help

No mate. Bit of music , your own company or sometimes having a run with a mate is great.

I was the same mate. Sprint champion at school for 5 years but distance, not a chance. Hated cross country just bored me stupid plus like you was built for speed not distance.

I was the same mate. Sprint champion at school for 5 years but distance, not a chance. Hated cross country just bored me stupid plus like you was built for speed not distance.
The strange thing was I used to do 15/20 miles a day on my bike to school and back and to see my girlfriend in Belbroughton in the evening. . Amazing what I could do if there was a purpose to it