The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

That’s unbelievable, 72 years old!

I’m a millennial Darren Anderton football has ruined my legs, I’m between 25-26 mins for a 5km at the moment. Did a 10km yesterday groin popping in 52 mins, just had to get round been a while.

He is incredible , one of the fastest runners in the country in his age group , yet he has never been a professional athlete or anything like that. Freak of nature really as he never gets any injuries and runs virtually every day.

A foam roller. JF recommended one to me. Painful , but it does the trick.

I did a gentle 10 miler this morning by the way.

Yes, I do have a foam roller and bands. I had to stop sport for about a year, where the only thing I did at the gym was skipping, conditioning and Pilates.

Pilates is great, I just dont have the time for it along with trying to still play football and run.

Once this lockdown is over will look at getting a few massages in. Happy ending optional

Think i am going to have to be sensible now and have a week off training.
I have most certainly been over training of late and i am really feeling it now.
No matter how much sleep i get i feel exhausted with zero energy.
I am going to take a week off and screw the diet for a week just to restore myself and get my energy levels back.
Yes, I do have a foam roller and bands. I had to stop sport for about a year, where the only thing I did at the gym was skipping, conditioning and Pilates.

Pilates is great, I just dont have the time for it along with trying to still play football and run.

Once this lockdown is over will look at getting a few massages in. Happy ending optional
Make sure you get the right kind of massage hey 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

I have most certainly been over training of late and i am really feeling it now.
I am going to take a week off and screw the diet for a week just to restore myself and get my energy levels back.

Your body will thank you for it. No need to totally blow the diet either...!

These are tip top Dan

I've got the double one which is perfect in my gym and to really get to the muscle knots in my back

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BackBaller-Foam-Roller/dp/B01M1DYWT6/

https://backballer.com/

Make sure you get the right kind of massage hey 😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

We used to do 6 week cycles, with the 6th week one of complete rest. That was at a Gym with some of the Bodybuilders who compete. The routines were also changed every cycle.

Im currently at about 12% body fat. Think will have a push for 10% in the summer when its a bit warmer.
Yeah i do alot of walking on shift. Do about 3 hours per day of non stop walking on patrols. I always stop every 10 minutes where theres railings to do some dips, lol. I must look like a right plonker. If i have to go the search cabin which is very boring, i strip off and do 30 minutes shadow boxing infront of the mirror thats in there. Bit awkward when management walk through but they know how boring it is in there so they dont mind. Better than being alseep like some, ha.
Im hoping to get my dogs back for a bit wednesday so lots of walks. I also have 12 days off from wednesday so im going to actively rest until Thursday ish, eat well and kick on from there.
Im already getting twicthy but i honestly think my body needs it.
It doesnt help i have an addictive personality. All or nothing. I think i definately have an addiction to exercise. Just love a bit of pain.

Chuffed that I have done all my stuff this week despite the weather. Would have been the easiest thing in the world to stay in the warm, but have ran Sunday , Tuesday and tonight , with tonight being by far the coldest I have run in for some time.

Oh yes, now that was a good session. 32 mins of boxing, 2mins per bag (4 bags) and 30 seconds rest (time before last it was 60 second rest) ... then boxing on the big bag through Muse Stockholm Syndrome, it is a mad boxing session.

Before AND after, was the cable cardio workout that JuanMourep taught me (not the floor work to be fair, that I have to be more tentative with, spine wise... it is all about pushing, but not setting myself back!) ...

And then a few minutes outside in the cold, with just the shorts and a soaking training vest on (Wim Hoff stylee)

Very pleased with the last week. I am having to push myself there slightly at the moment, but that is fair enough, I am still doing it!

5k this morning in 25.20 after doing a mile warm up. The first mile was torture really as the cold seemed to constrict the airways , got better as I got warmer though.

The car said -5 so with the wind chill god knows how cold it really was.

5k this morning in 25.20 after doing a mile warm up. The first mile was torture really as the cold seemed to constrict the airways , got better as I got warmer though.

Might feel counter productive, but try a thin mask for the warm up just to help keep you warmer until you get properly warm. I've started putting my mask on before I go out in the cold now given my breathing and it makes the world of difference.

Might feel counter productive, but try a thin mask for the warm up just to help keep you warmer until you get properly warm. I've started putting my mask on before I go out in the cold now given my breathing and it makes the world of difference.

Cheers Mike. Never really suffered before but I think it was a bit extreme this morning. I did read a long time ago that the cold narrows the arteries so it's harder for oxygen to get round your body.

Anyway it's going to be 10 degrees on Monday !

Wim Hoff would be ashamed of you.