The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Whatever it was, you are on a fantastic roll here Heathfield, brilliant!

Thanks for the encouragement. It really does help.

What I don't understand is why I'm finding the cycling, even on the normal bike, easier than just walking? An hours walk and I'm knackered, and my head is spinning. An hour on the bike and I'm a bit tired, but my head is clear as a bell.

Maybe something to do with being seated? At an angle?

Weird.

So glad I have never liked fizzy drinks.

How anyone can drink Coke or Pepsi I do not know. Looks horrible , smells horrible and no doubt tastes horrible.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/diet-soda-good-or-bad#weight-loss

Scientists have suggested that diet soda may increase appetite by stimulating hunger hormones, altering sweet taste receptors, and triggering dopamine responses in the brain (11Trusted Source, 12, 13Trusted Source, 14).

Given that diet soft drinks have no calories, these responses may cause a higher intake of sweet or calorie-dense foods, resulting in weight gain. However, evidence of this is not consistent in human studies (5Trusted Source, 11Trusted Source, 15Trusted Source).

https://clark.com/health-health-care/diet-soda-risks-diet-coke/

I limit it to sugar free energy drinks but the ones I have mostly don't have Aspartame in. But have slipped recently having some of the sugar free coke, not sure why, never bothered or tried before. Think I was thinking I am too strict and to lighten up a bit! lol

Will go back to sour cherry juice!

I do struggle with drinking enough. I just don't seem to want plain old water.

Fruit Juices are OK in small quantities, but still contain sugars.

I bought one of those infuser bottles, and stick half a lemon or lime in the top, and I like that.

Yes, have a fair bit of freshy squeezed lemon and lime, very nice. I use the bebo water thingy, expensive, but makes the water so much nicer. Sour cherry, diluted, is nice, or at least I think it is, and has a few positive health claims (as always, some agree, some disagree with the claims!)

Then I drink a lot of peppermint tea, which I loooove!

I limit it to sugar free energy drinks but the ones I have mostly don't have Aspartame in. But have slipped recently having some of the sugar free coke, not sure why, never bothered or tried before. Think I was thinking I am too strict and to lighten up a bit! lol

Will go back to sour cherry juice!

That’s my attitude with the Coke Zero. Since I have cut right down on alcohol I consider it a treat!. My thinking that a can of Coke Zero is better than a can of Strongbow.

I never drink calories. Complete waste. Plus the sugary drinks make my teeth feel minging and i just end up cleaning my teeth non stop.
I do like the occassional zero calorie energy drink especially on a long shift and love an ice cold pepsi max after a work out or watching a film.

In 2018 official statistics

36% of the adult population in England were overweight
28% were obese.
What's clear is that it can start in childhood. In England one in ten children in reception year are obese and that rises to one in five by the end of primary school.

That's why the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has described obesity as "one of the greatest threats" to children and society as a whole.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53541866