The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Not being as active as you folks, most of my exercise comes from walking, playing golf,( badly), and swimming when the pool is open. At the beginning of the lockdown I thought that it was just too easy to lapse into sitting around, the pools and golf courses being shut, so I set a target. I went for a very modest walking target of 30 miles a week. I've managed it and now I've become quite fanatical about getting out for my daily walk. Sometimes I shift as quickly as I can and sometimes I go for longer walks of 7 or 8 miles but a bit slower. It seems to keep me ticking over.

Brilliant exercise, key is to remember to do it after all this lockdown etc is done.

Also love the fact some you push yourself pace wise, and other times distance. I often go like a miltary operation, and then remind myself life is about enjoying things as well, and slow down and look at the fields/animals etc! Good to mix it!

Lol. Well I did a 2 mile walk first thing as I was moving like a robot when I got up and will do a spot of gardening later , but nothing strenuous.

Yeah, I'm into stretching and I have a new roller that is very good, sometimes the lightest weights on my cable machine (well, second lightest, the lightest would be no good!) and do the cable cardio routine Jaun Mourep gave me.

Yeah, I'm into stretching and I have a new roller that is very good, sometimes the lightest weights on my cable machine (well, second lightest, the lightest would be no good!) and do the cable cardio routine Jaun Mourep gave me.

Yes I need to get a roller.

Yes I need to get a roller.

With what you do and at @colavfc with the training you do, you really wouldn't regret getting one.

I found these recently,

https://backballer.com/

Size wise, I would think the single width one would be right for you sirdennis.

I have the double https://backballer.com/product/bigbackballer/ and am really impressed with it and pleased I have got it. Before, I was up and down the damn gym on a normal roller, this stays in one place!

Decided to go Veggie for a week.

No real reason other than I like to do these types of challenges every now and then (no booze, no sugar etc..) so decided to try no meat.

It's going ok so far. Ordered a bunch of the Vegan Mock pots from Musclefood for lunches. Already knew I liked the Breakfast pot so had that Monday for lunch, then yesterday had a mock Badman Noodle Curry which was ok but not great.

Dinner wise, did a Jamie Oliver potato and lentil curry Monday evening which was gorgeous.... usually do it with Tikka Fish or Tikka Chicken so just left that out and added more lentils and potato.

Last night was another Jamie recipe that I often do. Couscous salad. Usually with chicken, but last night had it with Meatfree Meatballs. Shock Horror they were DELICIOUS! They were from Co-op their GRO range. Tasted just like Ikea metballs.

Tonight is our chippy treat night, so just having a bag of chips and skipping the fish.

Tomorrow will be a butternut squash risotto, and Friday a Quorn Chilli Con Carne.

The thing is I eat all of these meals all the time anyway, so it's not a big hardship, I've just never done them every day before.

Just done a MF TABATA session and got through it no problems so lack of meat certainly hasn't affected my energy levels.

Will be interesting to see if it has any effect on the weight/fat loss come next Tuesday.

Interesting experiment mate. You know I take the St Michael, and I am confident it wouldn't be for me, but fascinated to see how you get on, especially energy wise.

For the first time in about 15 years I can now post in a thread like this one. I used to be very active, playing Rugby, five a side, cycling everywhere and going to the Gym 4 times a week.

Then I had some health issues, and exercise would cause me severe trauma.

I've been trying ever since to find something I can do, and they all ended in more pain.

Then I converted my bike to an e-bike. Problem solved. I'm now cycling 15 to 25 miles a day, and not feeling any ill effects. It really is fantastic. It just takes away the severe climbs that triggered the condition. The rest of the time I can go for hours.

I'm more into measuring my waistline than my weight, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Yes, a very good way to do it in my ever so humble, how much you can pinch, or waist size. You know things are working when your belt starts to need to be tightened!

Great news heathfield.

Enjoying this thread I must admit.

I'm going all in on this training regime, really loving it, it is mainly stretching and corrective stuff today, which is great because yesterdays liftting was heavy going and you do have to be so careful not to overload or over stress the body.

I've bought the jump rope I talked about the other day, a step box (20" 24" and 30" in one box, very good, bit expensive for what it is, but hey ho!) and yesterday got some battle ropes delivered!

Just need that bench thing that I linked to the other day and I've got a good few new toys! Oh and have a better squat rack coming, the one I bought early doors of Covid (at a rip off price, I did know it was a rip off price so was my choice) off Ebay has broken already, I have put in a complaint to get it returned and refunded. Hmmm, hopefully it won't become another hassle. To be honest, at the price of it, if he doesn't refund I will take him to the small claims court.

Just invested in these bad boys

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033AGBVQ/ref=twister_B00BBF8VEU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting to see how my bodyfat is doing. I was around 28% back in November last year, and I think around 25% when I tried JF's on the morning of the cup final in March.

Weight has come down a lot since then so hoping to have lost a few more %

According to an article I read the ranges for men are -

Essential fat - 2-5%
Athletes - 6-13%
Fitness - 14-17%
Acceptable - 18-24%
Obesity - >25%

So according to that even though my BMI has always been ok, my bodyfat% has always been obese.

Obvious aim is to get it under 18% and I'd be pretty chuffed with that.

Just invested in these bad boys

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0033AGBVQ/ref=twister_B00BBF8VEU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting to see how my bodyfat is doing. I was around 28% back in November last year, and I think around 25% when I tried JF's on the morning of the cup final in March.

Weight has come down a lot since then so hoping to have lost a few more %

According to an article I read the ranges for men are -

Essential fat - 2-5%
Athletes - 6-13%
Fitness - 14-17%
Acceptable - 18-24%
Obesity - >25%

So according to that even though my BMI has always been ok, my bodyfat% has always been obese.

Obvious aim is to get it under 18% and I'd be pretty chuffed with that.
Without sounding perverted have you got a picture of your progress?
Without sounding, er, perverted, ive been obsessed with body fat percentages and what they look like so i reckon i could give you a decent guess.