The Fear - The Book | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Fear - The Book

Fair play to you Fear, it's amazing to hear about things like that and what the human body can still function through after such a big ordeal.

It says a lot when someone with your attitude who's got himself through a major brain op is being tested by the Villa!

Is it like other anniversaries where you have to buy presents and stuff? I know if I forget my wedding anniversary the wife gets in a right hump. I guess your kind of buggered in that respect, as due to the opp you remember bugger all as it is and then your brain gets the hump! I really hope, for your sake, that this anniversary is NOT like others. lol

Trekker - 7/1/2014 14:08

Can someone précis it I can't be arsed to read it :)

It's the sad but heartwarming tale of a young man whose fatal flaw was a fixation with Yul Brynner. However, on his way to get a YB hair shave, he took the wrong turning (he should have gone to Specsavers first) and ended up in an NHS-funded experimental laboratory where they gave him the desired shaved head but also removed large chunks of his brain. This had the unintended consequence of his developing a fixation with a Birmingham-based football club and the fall-out from this continues to this day.

BBJ - 8/1/2014 09:36

It's the sad but heartwarming tale of a young man whose fatal flaw was a fixation with Yul Brynner. However, on his way to get a YB hair shave, he took the wrong turning (he should have gone to Specsavers first) and ended up in an NHS-funded experimental laboratory where they gave him the desired shaved head but also removed large chunks of his brain. This had the unintended consequence of his developing a fixation with a Birmingham-based football club and the fall-out from this continues to this day.

:1: this made me chuckle.

BBJ - 8/1/2014 10:36

:1: :1: :1: :1: Post of the year so far!

Showing your age if you know who Yul Brynner is! Bet the younger readers are having to google!

That is a touching story Juan, must admit it puts my crap in perspective!

Ridiculous isn't it Holte139. I can never understand, with all the ops and problems etc, how Villa can upset me more than any amount of bad health news. Insanity for sure!

HA HA... blimey mate. I was your sort of age, I'd already had 8 odd ops, but this really did take the biscuit! (understatement?!)

#bitofakerfuffle

The Fear - 8/1/2014 13:13

I'd already had 8 odd ops, but this really did take the biscuit! (understatement?!)

#bitofakerfuffle

Did they allow you to take biscuits into the operating theatre? You didn't mention that in the chapter before. Surely that's not hygienic, just think where the crumbs might end up. At least the surgeon didn't have to worry about stopping for lunch.......so perhaps quite a cunning plan :14:

I don't eat biscuits, my body is a temple...

well, it's a ruin but you get my drift!

Congratulations Fear, what a thing to go through and come out (not in that way) and be as strong as ever, hats off to the man fellas :1: :14:

P.S i wonder if they could operate on my brain to add some cells? Just wondered like :69:

I'm still hoping stem cell research goes a bit quicker, they can return some of my damaged cells then and the problems might abate! lol