The Fear being moved! | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Fear being moved!

Maybe we should all petition the club to demand they work something out - JF is one of the club's valued fans, has done media work, charity work and been a model and well respected fan who has ensured that the name of Aston Villa is always seen in a positive light. It's only right and proper that the club give something back.

Just show me where to rant!

The middle Trinity is a great place to watch especially if you can get a seat close to the halfway line. I checked it out when I was renewing my season ticket but they dont do concessions for the over 65s. However I have been promised a seat in the lower part very close to the away dugout. Told there will be a couple of seats available soon. Just hope I dont get too wet. But seriously mate, back in the 1970s we got moved from our seats in the old upper trinity, no explanation. We were not happy.

Commiserations Fear. Years ago I was moved to make way for the museum club or hospitality club or some such nonsense. I told the club that was that I was leaving. I then had a letter war with the arrogant Peter Ellis and told him to stuff it. Only a personal phone call from Doug’s then secretary got me to return. But the kick in the guts feeling lasted for a long time. Cheer up mate, it does pass!!

The middle Trinity is a great place to watch especially if you can get a seat close to the halfway line. I checked it out when I was renewing my season ticket but they dont do concessions for the over 65s. However I have been promised a seat in the lower part very close to the away dugout. Told there will be a couple of seats available soon. Just hope I dont get too wet. But seriously mate, back in the 1970s we got moved from our seats in the old upper trinity, no explanation. We were not happy.
All of us got moved from the Upper Trinity when we were relegated. To get seats with a similar view we had to move to the Middle Trinity where I had to pay full price for my son. C'est la vie.

Yeah. Thing is, for me there is a principle, because this isn't a closing stand/new stsdium/stadium improvements.

This is the league, who play lip service to fans but by the looks of all the changes in fixtures etc etc see us as an inconvenience.

It is big money flexing their muscle. If it made sense (if var had to go there for instance) I wouldn't like it, but I would understand and accept it.

Being told after all these years to f off by the league though, doesn't sit right at all.

Maybe we should all petition the club to demand they work something out - JF is one of the club's valued fans, has done media work, charity work and been a model and well respected fan who has ensured that the name of Aston Villa is always seen in a positive light. It's only right and proper that the club give something back.

Very kind and very humbling. Thank you (and to the other nice comments)

Sorry Mutt_Man only just seen this.

I don't think it is going to be good news. They've explained that the PL have new requirements (and obv they pay £180m so they have the power to ask and demand).

They've gone back to the PL to try to get them to agree other seats (I've made it clear I don't want others moved instead of me, that wouldn't be nice for me to do!) but I don't think it is going to happen, having had a few conversations.

It is for all broadcasters apparently, as said, new PL requirements. Sod the fans who used to be the bread and butter.

If it was for stadium improvements, VAR requirements or other logical reasons, I'd get it, I'd be upset at moving from my lovely Villa mates, but that is life. But for this? After all the years, money spent etc, I'm not at all chuffed.

I think the club are doing what they can, but PL have the power and lets be honest, to them we are just an inconvenience.

I could move across the way, but frankly I don't want to, why should it, the broadcasters won't be there at most games but the fan who has been there for 3 million years still needs to move for them.

Was just talking to a member of staff and he said he watches on match days and sees different people, including staff, coming for a chat with me. It's always been like that, I love it there.

So for me, I'll either sell out and go into the hospitality or buy a new armchair!

Sorry Mutt_Man only just seen this.

I don't think it is going to be good news. They've explained that the PL have new requirements (and obv they pay £180m so they have the power to ask and demand).

They've gone back to the PL to try to get them to agree other seats (I've made it clear I don't want others moved instead of me, that wouldn't be nice for me to do!) but I don't think it is going to happen, having had a few conversations.

It is for all broadcasters apparently, as said, new PL requirements. Sod the fans who used to be the bread and butter.

If it was for stadium improvements, VAR requirements or other logical reasons, I'd get it, I'd be upset at moving from my lovely Villa mates, but that is life. But for this? After all the years, money spent etc, I'm not at all chuffed.

I think the club are doing what they can, but PL have the power and lets be honest, to them we are just an inconvenience.

I could move across the way, but frankly I don't want to, why should it, the broadcasters won't be there at most games but the fan who has been there for 3 million years still needs to move for them.

Was just talking to a member of staff and he said he watches on match days and sees different people, including staff, coming for a chat with me. It's always been like that, I love it there.

So for me, I'll either sell out and go into the hospitality or buy a new armchair!
Put on a cabbage outfit, chin Guardiola on his way to the dugout and we’ll campaign for you while you are in the Green for 4 weeks.
Seriously though, despise this interference from Sky/PL. Found myself looking at the Championship fixtures, remembering all the good times from last season, and feeling a bit emotional ffs!

Disappointed Fulford, more for me than himself, as he does feel he's coming towards the end of going all the time. He had bad pneumonia last winter, he was lucky to get through it according to the doc. But he'll miss our Villa mates as well. Spoke with the one lady last night, known her since 2001 (when the stand was opened, or was it 2000) and she's (and our other friend) are also gutted.

Hey ho. We shall see.

Disappointed Fulford, more for me than himself, as he does feel he's coming towards the end of going all the time. He had bad pneumonia last winter, he was lucky to get through it according to the doc. But he'll miss our Villa mates as well. Spoke with the one lady last night, known her since 2001 (when the stand was opened, or was it 2000) and she's (and our other friend) are also gutted.

Hey ho. We shall see.

It's a really crap situation mate and I hope you get things resolved.

Definitely a first world problem, for sure things worse things happen, but it is a pisser. We all know that football is a madness and we all have our 'little ways' so to speak. Cheers mate.