The fans are back......so is the racism | Vital Football

The fans are back......so is the racism

No matter what Milwall the club have tried to do over many years to rid themselves of their neanderthals there is, and always will be, a deeply entrenched core of thugs and racists. They’ll never change.

I have had reservations about this continuation of the gesture........but after this display it actually might change my mind if it highlights the issue at the last hold out bastions of this behaviour.

Milwall for all their claims at ‘community action’ etc have singularly and utterly failed rid these people from their ranks. There were so few people in the stadium for this game that identifying some/many of those engaged in the booing should have been possible.....but I heard nothing - nothing - from the club about “using cctv to identify those involved and issuing Lifetime bans. They were almost certainly season ticket holders so no excuses about not knowing who was there.

The government response was also weak, pathetic and a disgrace IMO. Failing to call this out is tantamount to encouraging it. The minister (Eustice?) was a joke.

The fact that it was Derbyshire police makes me revise my comments - Millwall may not be wholly to blame. Were there away fans presen?