The FA Cup... | Vital Football

The FA Cup...

cocopops

Vital Youth Team
First round proper is being drawn on BBC 2 at 7pm on Monday,I'm praying that we don't drawn out to a non league club as they always seem to be a banana skin to us,we only just beat Oxford City 3-2 in the first round last year,anybody here got any interest in lower league teams that may be in the draw?

First round proper is being drawn on BBC 2 at 7pm on Monday,I'm praying that we don't drawn out to a non league club as they always seem to be a banana skin to us,we only just beat Oxford City 3-2 in the first round last year,anybody here got any interest in lower league teams that may be in the draw?
I keep an eye on Woking, since I now live down in Surrey. They got relegated from the National league and now ply their trade in the National South. They are in the draw but they need to get past Welling first I think.

It’s a dump.
And now that I know you will all be so excited to find out who they will get, their number in the hat (bag?) is:
62 !!!

It must be about ten years ago now that Notts pulled out City in the third round of the cup,that was a great game to watch,I honestly thought that we would pull off the shock of year when we went ahead in the second half but City pulled one back in the last ten minutes
Our ground at the time was shared by Nottingham Rugby Club and there was talks about us fixing up the field before City arrived as it looked like a ploughed field at the time but decided to leave it as it was to give us a slight advantage over City's millionaire players,one of my favorite memories is of seeing Toure come out of the tunnel at 2.30 then head back in only to return a couple of minutes later accompanied by a couple of other players looking in horror at the state of the field nearest to them that was always in the shadow of the main stand and had been torn up by numerous rugby boots :rotfl:
The game ended 1-1 and we missed our chance because we got hammered on the replay but non the less a great memory.for me

I would have asked for the heavy roller. Lol

I was always pleased when a giant killing happened, sadly we were on the wrong end of the score on more than one occasion.

In 66 we had beaten Blackpool and had 3 ties with Everton before they finally beat us

Good times

Well, Woking are drawn away at fellow National League South Torquay.
What a drag of a journey for their fans.
CP’s Notts are also away to League One Barnsley. A toughie.

It we are going to go out in the first round then it may as well be against a club from the league above rather than having the humiliation of going out to one from a league below,pretty localish as well so a good day out

Well, Woking are drawn away at fellow National League South Torquay.
What a drag of a journey for their fans.
CP’s Notts are also away to League One Barnsley. A toughie.

I love Torquay, been on Holiday there a couple of times, If City ever get drawn there and I could get a ticket, I would make a weekend of it, win lose or draw it would be fun (apart from the speed cameras that is- £50 in those days)

I love Torquay, been on Holiday there a couple of times, If City ever get drawn there and I could get a ticket, I would make a weekend of it, win lose or draw it would be fun (apart from the speed cameras that is- £50 in those days)
Went once many years ago, a true good old English seaside town. Stayed in a place very much like Fawlty Towers!
:grinning:

The third round proper is being drawn on the BBC tomorrow and it's time for the big guns to make an appearance,I honestly think that City won't fear any club but who would you rather have,a Premier League club at home or a League 1/2 club away?
if you get drawn against a League 1/2 club it's going to have tv written all over it as everybody loves a giant killing,Notts won't be in the draw as we got dumped out by Barnsley 0-4

The third round proper is being drawn on the BBC tomorrow and it's time for the big guns to make an appearance,I honestly think that City won't fear any club but who would you rather have,a Premier League club at home or a League 1/2 club away?
if you get drawn against a League 1/2 club it's going to have tv written all over it as everybody loves a giant killing,Notts won't be in the draw as we got dumped out by Barnsley 0-4

Normally we get a Premier League Club, out of the last 15 ties City have been drawn against a Premier league Club usually away.

We won't be on TV unless we get United away. United however are guaranteed TV, in around 102 ties United have only not been live once and that was last year.

It is a 3rd round for the Fringe players to get a start, but all our teams play the way pep wants them to play so it will be exciting whichever premier team has the warm ball for our cold one.