The FA Cup is awesome | Page 5 | Vital Football

The FA Cup is awesome

People say the elite clubs belittle the competition but despite playing fringe players and U23s in the early rounds they've still won 23 of the last 25 competitions.

In last Saturday's 3rd round Luton and Reading made 18 changes between them. So it has nothing to do with the bigger clubs.

It had its day when it was the ambition of every footballer to play in the final, but it's been on the wane for over 30 years.

Tend to agree , semi finals on different days at Wembley has taken some of the gloss . In my opinion nothing with 3pm KO on same the same Saturday . Also i hope the replays can return asap , i realise this season its correct not to have them.

you mention the change of players , i remember back in the good old days of football , Chelsea i think it was , were fined £700.00 ( it was back in the late 60s-early 70s) for fielding an understrength side in FA Cup tie. I could be wrong with the team , but i think it was Chels

App Frod are from the Scunny area, I played against them years ago at Sunday League level!

Didnt they start off as the works team for one of the Scunthorpe steelworks? They certainly had a good side in the 70s. I seem to remember watching them play Trinity in the Lincs Cup one year.

Good question, not sure. I would've played them around the early to mid-00's, so that's a bit before my time!