The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

New contracts offered to Konsa and Heaton. Be interesting if Heaton signs as he's sure to be second choice but the big one is Konsa. He signs and it's another step in the right detection. In years gone by he'd have simply been sold to the highest bidder.
OR, we could start a ludicrous rumour that by offering Heaton a new contract that this means that Emi is going to Barcelona.....

Brilliant news, Ezri has come on in leaps and bounds in such a short space of time. So much is right at the club these days. How refreshing to see us building a team with the intention of trying to keep our best players and also having the funds to spend in order to improve the quality of the squad and therefore encourage our star players to stay. It’s a novel strategy for us....but I could quite get used to it!

Great news for the club, Konsa is already a good defender and just keeps improving. 5 years is a decent extension for a player of his quality I think he’ll be in the England squad in the near future and could even be a future captain for us

If John Stones keeps up his startling form , I think Konsa will be in the squad by winter this year. He's been a superb signing.

To me that's a stat i don't like, I'd rather be stopping them shooting in the first place

The best way to do that 57 is to have a stopper playing in front of the back-line.
While Luis is a decent and maybe a future really good distributor of the ball, his enthusiasm for and his present tackling skills, mean as a DM his ability to contribute fully is diminished.
Nakamba has the enthusiasm and ability for a tackle but lacks real defensive nous. He has worked really hard though lately on his ball passing skills, which gives me hope for his future as a DM.
Konza has played the DM position in his earlier years.
I think that must be pretty obvious the way he is so comfortable with the ball at his feet, which is why I've suggested that if we played a back three with him as DM, if needed he would be able to fit into the backline very easily.

To me that's a stat i don't like, I'd rather be stopping them shooting in the first place

Yep. Bit like Emi being up there with shots saved. Should be an asterisk next to the stats saying its due to our central midfield being utter wank for 3 months.
Don‘t see these type of stats as anything to brag about tbh.

Does McGuire’s injury potentially unlock the door for Ezri to make the England squad, if McGuire doesn’t make it back in time?

Things you’d love to see.

Ha, we wish! It'll be Eric f**king Dier or Michael Keane. BUt I'd settle for a Konsa/Mings pairing.

:utv::utv:

I saw somewhere that Southgate has worked with Konsa in the junior squads, so to go against his philosophy and pick older players who aren’t performing as well is just crazy if he does. He really is the anti-Villa these days if he does overlook Ezri. Bias aside, Ezri should be there, he’s a European style defender.