The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

Forget Tomori who actually deserves to be the squad on his form for Milan. WTF is Coady still doing in the squad??

Southgate is the same as every other England manager in my lifetime. He starts off talking about how the players have a clean slate and he's going to pick players on form. Pretty quickly he establishes a squad and just picks the same players regardless of their form. Who you play for becomes increasingly important as time goes on, as we've seen with Greasy.

Last edited:
Forget Tomori who actually deserves to be the squad on his form for Milan. WTF is Coady still doing in the squad??

So Tomori gets picked for a handful of good games for Milan in an inferior league , whilst Ezri has been playing just as well if not better for 3 seasons and nothing.

Southgates logic defies belief.

So Tomori gets picked for a handful of good games for Milan in an inferior league , whilst Ezri has been playing just as well if not better for 3 seasons and nothing.

Southgates logic defies belief.

Tomori has been very good for Milan in one of the top leagues in Europe for over a year now. Konsa has been brilliant for us for over 2 years now. Both deserve a chance. What I'm asking is how is Connor Coady still getting in as he's been very average for a poor Wolves side the last 18 months.

Tomori has been very good for Milan in one of the top leagues in Europe for over a year now. Konsa has been brilliant for us for over 2 years now. Both deserve a chance. What I'm asking is how is Connor Coady still getting in as he's been very average for a poor Wolves side the last 18 months.

Scouse accent ?.
Enough to link him to one of the sky wank fest clubs.

Agree. completely. Tomori only went to Milan this season didn't he ?

It could be worse if Big Sam was still in charge. He thought Troy Deeney was possible England material. Ollie wouldn't have been given a sniff.

It could be worse if Big Sam was still in charge. He thought Troy Deeney was possible England material. Ollie wouldn't have been given a sniff.
:rofl: The day he was appointed England manager was a dark day in our history.

AC Milan fan at work believes Tomori should be playing for England so will accept that one. Agree on Coady I think he’s limited, maybe on a par with Mings who probably edges ahead because of the added benefit of being left footed which may help in a back 3. But konsa is a better player than both. Maybe he needs to develop his on field leadership skills, difficult when playing alongside a dominant defensive partner like Mings though. That is the only negative I can think of though as he’s destined to be a top PL centre back.

AC Milan fan at work believes Tomori should be playing for England so will accept that one. Agree on Coady I think he’s limited, maybe on a par with Mings who probably edges ahead because of the added benefit of being left footed which may help in a back 3. But konsa is a better player than both. Maybe he needs to develop his on field leadership skills, difficult when playing alongside a dominant defensive partner like Mings though. That is the only negative I can think of though as he’s destined to be a top PL centre back.
Plenty of time for Konsa, no need to worry about not being picked yet. Konsa will become a staple of the England team in years to come.

Maybe he needs to develop his on field leadership skills, difficult when playing alongside a dominant defensive partner like Mings though. That is the only negative I can think of though as he’s destined to be a top PL centre back.

And its funny because he was captain for a game earlier this season wasn't he? I was about to mention a really absurd reason, his age but then Tomori is 23. It's definitely a "make it make sense" thing and the only two things that make are we as a club are not rated in anyway shape or form and Southgate is dumb, ignorant or holds a grudge.

Don't think Konsa has been up to his best this year but he's still been good by anyone's standards. He'll get his chance because he's clearly not "form" but rather "class". Could be an era-defining player for us.

He’s knocking on the door and its early in the season. There’s an argument for Cash and others too but we need consistency over a long period. We’ve only played 6 matches and we let 6 in in our first two away games. Let’s not get carried away.

He will surely get in eventually.

Southgate however remains a fool in my eyes, every time he opens his mouth.

Told the press that Sancho doesn’t deserve to be in on form (way to build his confidence Gareth)
but is in the squad because he believes in him.

what kind of message does that send?

Edit: southgates exact quote on Sancho: “ But I think we feel we have invested in Jadon over a period of time, we believe he can get to a high level.”

basically saying if you’re in the inner circle, you get in even if you don’t deserve it, great.

He will surely get in eventually.

Southgate however remains a fool in my eyes, every time he opens his mouth.

Told the press that Sancho doesn’t deserve to be in on form (way to build his confidence Gareth)
but is in the squad because he believes in him.

what kind of message does that send?

Edit: southgates exact quote on Sancho: “ But I think we feel we have invested in Jadon over a period of time, we believe he can get to a high level.”

basically saying if you’re in the inner circle, you get in even if you don’t deserve it, great.
Wish somebody asked him what would you say to the person who was not selected because Sancho was. Presumably we're not invested in you so f off. And the bit about helping Man Utd with Sancho. Is he managing England or his future career?

Wish somebody asked him what would you say to the person who was not selected because Sancho was. Presumably we're not invested in you so f off. And the bit about helping Man Utd with Sancho. Is he managing England or his future career?
Yup. It’s a shame, I’ll always want England to do well but I just can’t stand Southgate. I’ve tried to be positive about him but have run out of positivity juice. :wave::tongue:

Anyway, Konsa…. Really think, if he stays with us, he can be up there with the Larsen and mellbergs. Not the finished article but has all the potential in the world.

It’s the same with any manager though, they either fancy a player or they don’t and they are willing to give a player every opportunity if they like him. How many players (of any club) didn’t get a chance in the England set up? There are multiple names to chose from. The reverse is also true - Carlton Palmer etc.

I guess the same caveat as any player, sell IF you are replacing with better only.

Be disappointed to see him go though.

Aston Villa will listen to offers for 24-year-old former England Under-21 defender Ezri Konsa. (Football Insider)

I guess the same caveat as any player, sell IF you are replacing with better only.

Be disappointed to see him go though.

Aston Villa will listen to offers for 24-year-old former England Under-21 defender Ezri Konsa. (Football Insider)

Cant believe that for a second. Gerrard was calling him a beast a few weeks ago. Only way he moves on is if there is some contract dispute and he wont re-sign

Last edited:
Cannot believe we'd be up for selling a player that has been excellent for the majority of the last 18 months. No chance this is true.