The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

I saw somewhere that Southgate has worked with Konsa in the junior squads, so to go against his philosophy and pick older players who aren’t performing as well is just crazy if he does. He really is the anti-Villa these days if he does overlook Ezri. Bias aside, Ezri should be there, he’s a European style defender.
Totally agree mate, but Southgate seems to show blind loyalty to those who have been there for ages. Dier will dine out on his WC penalty in the shoot out for some time to come.

Contrary to some, I don't think Southgate is anti Villa. I think he does want players showing it consistently at a certain level. Ezri's a relative newcomer. But I'm sure he'll get a look in, in time.

This thread has dropped to the third page and I get butterflies talking about Ezri to non Villa supporting football fans like the ones I used to get when I fancied an attractive (sometimes) lady.

We all could see he was a very good footballer and read the game well, but a few years ago I watched him quite close up at an away game and I thought he needed to step up in terms of his aggression and leadership.

I look at him now, he’s still an unbelievable footballer for a defender, still reads the game well, he’s fast and strong. But he’s added that aggression where he’s bullying strikers and become a leader in the squad.

If he stays here for a decent length of time in addition to what he’s given us already, I would be looking to make him club captain one day. We’ve had some great and even world class defenders who I don’t need to name, however Ezri is on track make an all time XI at this rate.

This guy should be starting for England at the next World Cup. 15m from Brentford. We paid the same amount for Scott Hogan ffs.

I think we have to be on the front foot with a Liverpool or Citeh trying to come in for him at some point, perhaps even a top European team.

He’s that fucking good, I want us to try as hard to keep him as we did a certain former player minus a release clause.

I hope Southgate keeps away from him. The last thing we need is a chance for the “ big” clubs to start tapping him up.

I was explaining to my kids last night that Konsa is one of those players who if you don't know about football you won't even notice but if you know about football you'll think is great.

Let's see which camp Southgate is in with the next England squad.

The fact Konsa still gets overlooked is criminal but I'm not surprised one bit with Southgate. He's already picked Mings, he wouldnt dare have another Villa defender in the mix.

Still no Konsa in the England squad, bloody travesty. Maybe it's because he's that good he makes defending look easy so doesn't get noticed.

I think it's fantastic. The more of our players who stay away from that circus the better it has never done Aston Villa any good at all. As soon as our players get around the England egos they start looking elsewhere. Hopefully Konsa will find eligibility for some other country and play for them instead.

Bizarre decision to leave him out and pick that Tomori.

Claret & Blue specs.

Milan are 2nd in Seria A and have only conceded 3 goals all season.

Tomori has played a big part in that.

Love Konsa, but can fully understand why the players performing at a higher level are picked.

If he moved to man City or Chelsea he'd be in.