The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 345 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And further to my listening to 5 live this evening . Sir Alan Hutton was on there and said he just couldn’t understand the lack of using Grealish when he has affected every game he has played for England since first getting picked.
join the rest of the nation, including Wembley singing "Super Jack" and almost forcing Southgate to bring him on. Dreadful management of the one player who could impact games massively. Dreadful. Saka love him but he should be nowhere near the pitch ahead of Grealish .

This was the front page picture 2 years ago when we reached the semi's. Thru have improved and got better. Their bond is striking. There is something special with this squad happening. Something we haven't seen before

July 2018

FB_IMG_1626075821883.jpg

And further to my listening to 5 live this evening . Sir Alan Hutton was on there and said he just couldn’t understand the lack of using Grealish when he has affected every game he has played for England since first getting picked.
Saw the big man in Tesco the other day. Still looks fit. Should be doing a job for someone. Retired too early, younger than Chiellini.

Saw the big man in Tesco the other day. Still looks fit. Should be doing a job for someone. Retired too early, younger than Chiellini.

I wouldn’t go that far. I love Hutton but he’s a pure hatchet man. Not great positional sense hence the amount of tackles he ends up making.

Unrelated, it’s funny to me that the narrative that Grealish is left out due to an inability to trust him/he’s a luxury and doesn’t work hard enough. England wouldn’t have even had penalties if he didn’t track back and block a shot that was 100% going in.

Funny, I've always been a proud Englishman, but the scenes at Wembley and the stuff going on since makes me ashamed to be English.
The piss head culture, using the vessel that is football to humiliate us real football fans and real fans of our national team. Pity they didn't close all the pubs permanently
Horrible scumbag people crawl back under your rocks now until the World cup.

I hope they all get covid and die

Funny, I've always been a proud Englishman, but the scenes at Wembley and the stuff going on since makes me ashamed to be English.
The piss head culture, using the vessel that is football to humiliate us real football fans and real fans of our national team. Pity they didn't close all the pubs permanently
Horrible scumbag people crawl back under your rocks now until the World cup.

I hope they all get covid and die
There's also an element of cocaine culture. I've seen a few vids of various fans openly doing gear in the stadium. I've also seen Villa fans do coke at games as well but not openly.

Whilst we will never be going back to the 1980s football fan culture seems to have degenerated over the past few years and we're seeing the results of it.

It seems that Dan was right. I saw a headline saying that Southgate was getting knighted for making England feel good, or something.

Now Southgate is saying he won't overstay his welcome.

Perhaps I'm putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but it sounds to me like he's looking at jumping ship while his stock is high. I wonder who would be foolish enough to take him. I'd say Spurs but they have just appointed a new manager.

Just to clarify, I don’t think he’ll jump ship just yet as I think England is quite suited to him in a lot of ways. I think he’d struggle with the lack of love in club football management. That exists in the National game, but not on a daily basis.

I wouldn’t go that far. I love Hutton but he’s a pure hatchet man. Not great positional sense hence the amount of tackles he ends up making.

Unrelated, it’s funny to me that the narrative that Grealish is left out due to an inability to trust him/he’s a luxury and doesn’t work hard enough. England wouldn’t have even had penalties if he didn’t track back and block a shot that was 100% going in.

To me that seems a simplified assessment of Hutton. Thought he was a solid and committed player for us, a lot more than a hatchet man. I accept his time at premiership level was over but still think he could do a job in the Championship or in Scotland. Anyway it's his choice, hope he's enjoying his retirement.

Anyone who thinks Jack Grealish doesn't work hard has never seen him play football.

Herbert Ellis was a proponent of having a second stadium in the midlands off the M5, of course the FA are not going to lose their golden titty in London.

But it is a great Idea.
Demolish the monstrosity that is the current Wembley stadium and build one somewhere else in the country. That's my solution.

Demolish the monstrosity that is the current Wembley stadium and build one somewhere else in the country. That's my solution.
Wembley has not really helped England, we seem to do better when they move around the country as other countries do. Why have all the games in the most inaccessible place in the country? There again I would never go there except for Wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.