The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 332 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like literally I would not be shocked if 100s of Russian agents are online waiting for events like this with coordinated bots and accounts set up to destabilize British society.
Very much like the Chinese and Russians have been doing to this country for a couple of decades....

Very much like the Chinese and Russians have been doing to this country for a couple of decades....

It's why it irritates me people fall for it. It takes 30 seconds to scan a Twitter profile if they only post about one subject with as little context as possible, you know something is wrong.

We lost that game early second half when Southgate didn't realise he needed to change it. They'd been getting back into it and then took complete control second half.

Then when the change came he brought the wrong man on. Then he waited, waited, waited and waited till the game was basically dead and heading for pens before bringing on the best attacking midfielder in England.

Did he really believe we could hold a 1 nil lead from the second minute in a final? I feel bad for the lads who missed the penalties, especially Saka who looked broken at the end. A lot of pressure to put on a kid that. I hope it doesn't harm his development too much.

At the end of the day we've had our second most successful tournament ever. But I will never stop believing that a slightly more adventurous manager who understood what he has in Jack Grealish could have actually brought this one home. Every time we attacked down the left only to see Mount pass it sideways or back killing the move stone dead part of me knew we weren't winning.

At least our 2 lads emerge unscathed. Especially as Mings was being set up as the fall guy before a ball had been kicked. Jack will probably never be able to be a first 11 player whilst Southgate is in charge no matter what he does. Any other nation would build a team around him and give him the ball at every opportunity. We made him an impact sub and passed to him less than pickford. Oh well, onto the new season. Can't wait to get back in Villa Park.
England at home in a major final and Southgate managed a team who had just 1 shot on goal [the goal] and 4 shots off target. As extra time came to an end he chucked on two guys [no way could they be warmed up, let alone up to match speed] to take penalties - they both missed. He spent most of the game with seven defenders. Boring Southgate.

England at home in a major final and Southgate managed a team who had just 1 shot on goal [the goal] and 4 shots off target. As extra time came to an end he chucked on two guys [no way could they be warmed up, let alone up to match speed] to take penalties - they both missed. He spent most of the game with seven defenders. Boring Southgate.
Yet who seems to be the nation's sweet heart. And no doubt stay in the job another 4 years.
I don't get it myself.
We have been very lucky with who we have played. Germany had 3 key players out and are nowhere near the grade.
The other teams we have played are full of league 1 and championship standard players. Look how we struggled against Scotland.
This tournament has glorified Southgate. I hate him.

Penalty shootout planning:
1. Best taker and captain.
2. Centre back.
3. Player who has barely kicked a ball all tournament, played two minutes at right back at the end of this game and hasn't taken a penalty for his club for two seasons.
4. Child who has barely kicked a ball all tournament and played two minutes in an unknown position in this game.
5. Child who has never taken a penalty in any professional football match.
Insanity.
Next thing he'll be chucking bloody foetuses on to take the penalties. Southgate has had 1/4 of a century to think about penalties and he does this.He's in over his head. He must like the smell of his own shit. Never have I been so unpersuaded by an England team whilst everyone seemed to be losing their heads with "but we are winning"

Next thing he'll be chucking bloody foetuses on to take the penalties. Southgate has had 1/4 of a century to think about penalties and he does this.He's in over his head. He must like the smell of his own shit. Never have I been so unpersuaded by an England team whilst everyone seemed to be losing their heads with "but we are winning"

Exactly there is winning and there is winning, that only makes sense to us who analyse the game.
To the average brain dead football fan that will make no sense whatsoever.

To be fair the hype by the media about how well we played is just that hype we were crap in the group stages but apparently, Southgate got it right. Eventually, it catches up with you

The team are a reflection of Southgate boring negative and stubborn, clueless.
FA puppet and English plucky loser mentality.

oh and I'm sick of this young team bollocks, nothing forces you to only pick players under 30, you don't get extra points for picking 17-year-old kids and making a 19-year-old take the 5th pen.
There is no shortage of experienced English players is there?

A quote from "The Times" this morning.....

Research by the pollsters Opinium before the match found that the England manager was more popular with the public than Sir Winston Churchill, with a “favourable” rating of 72 per cent against 65 per cent.

I also skimmed through another article last week (in the same paper) which had as its premise that Harry Maguire is "world-class".
Now I do think that said Harry is a very good player. And, unlike some on here, I think that Gareth Southgate is a good manager, albeit too cautious.
But this sort of purple prose is decidedly over the top and raises expectations beyond reasonableness.

A quote from "The Times" this morning.....

Research by the pollsters Opinium before the match found that the England manager was more popular with the public than Sir Winston Churchill, with a “favourable” rating of 72 per cent against 65 per cent.

I also skimmed through another article last week (in the same paper) which had as its premise that Harry Maguire is "world-class".
Now I do think that said Harry is a very good player. And, unlike some on here, I think that Gareth Southgate is a good manager, albeit too cautious.
But this sort of purple prose is decidedly over the top and raises expectations beyond reasonableness.
Fair points John, not so long ago Slabhead was a wreck of a player and he's battled back but he isn't Bobby Moore or Beckenbauer, but he's not world class.
He certainly wasn't the problem though either. He did well , very well.

Divine, get off Twatter and get a brain mate.

No context, no informed opinion, no build up, seconds of a clip - the first one subtitled with words I don't hear in the clip that is looped for violent effect.

We debate everything on here, but we don't give a platform to unsubstantiated bollocks with an agenda - the second tweet has already been pulled. The first is from a bot with a clear agenda looking at their feed. It's a wannabe Sasha Johnson in effect - so truth and reality don't equate.

Not sure if it is a bot or not. But given how unruly English fans can be those clips look credible to me. As for No context, no informed opinion, no build up, seconds of a clip, does that mean any clip that does not meet those requirements are untrue?

Fair points John, not so long ago Slabhead was a wreck of a player and he's battled back but he isn't Bobby Moore or Beckenbauer, but he's not world class.
He certainly wasn't the problem though either. He did well , very well.

Definitely better than Mings. Gareth did the right thing by replacing Mings with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.