The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 326 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate Henderson as a leader but strikes me as weak and cowardly to go off while that young lad stayed on. Then you’ve Jack who can’t take one and Sterling obviously lost his bottle too.

Kane going first I get but Maguire going early is again a lack of bottle while this young lad got out down for 5th.

A lot of bottlers there unfortunately. Maybe the atmosphere was just a little too nice because Sancho and Saka shouldn’t have even been allowed to go in the top 5.

Yes I agree that Sancho and Saka should not have been chosen to take the pens. And even if they were, they should have been amongst the ones who take the 1st and 2nd. Whereas the really pressure filled ones of 4th and 5th should have been taken by Maguire and Kane respectively.

That is unbelievable. What the actual fuck.

Just a game. That's where you are wrong. Boris got a shirt printed with his name on it, even though they played rugby at Eton. Priti Patel was there at the semis, even though she strongly disagrees with players kneeling for injustice. Football's coming home was even translated into Italian. The chance for people to bask in reflected glory has gone. Now on to the world cup, where I hope we will be a bit more humble and the manager a bit more imaginative. Maybe Jack will even start a game.

Yup, whatever I can throw here...Italy deserved the win. Had the two red cards been given things might have been different, but we're going to spend three days debating what should've been different lol

When Jorginho got booked for that tackle on Jack, I thought it was his second yellow.

Nice footage of the England players going to see their families in the stands . Not sure why there are so many rubber dinghies in in the crowd.

Oops … silly me it’s the Wags surgically enhanced lips on show. Christ alive , never seen anything like it. Can’t work out if they are genuinely upset. Nothing is moving on their faces.

Once Chiesa went off it went back to a 50/50 game.
We were never going to beat Italy on penalties but feel bad for Pickford....you shouldn't save two pens and be a loser.

i did think when he brought two kids on for penalties that a story of them failing had been set up.

I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be.
I just didn't want Jack missing a pen....so I'm ok about it all.

I think Beaky takes some blame for the penos, but these twats with their stuttering run ups and arrogance take some of it too. Rashford and Sancho would’ve been putting their hands up like little kids to take one in training. I’ve got people asking where jack was in my WhatsApp’s, the order wasn’t decided in the semi circle, it’s been agreed for weeks.
No way. That's like saying lunatics are running the asylum. It's the management

Stone cold sober Villa 4 Ever, but seething.
Probably wont see England in another final in my life time, and it was there for the taking.

You will see England in another final (unless you're really, really old 🙂). These kids are good. Just need a manager that works with what he's got, rather than what he's got in his head.

Our stats on the game just sum why I hate Southgate.

They’ve had 15 shots to our 5, possession 62% in their favour.

As usual, going gets a bit tough and we retreat into our shell. We can’t retain the ball, control the game or slow the game down when we need to.

Same old, same old. On the plus side, Villa pre seasons kick off soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.