The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 274 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at things from a purely pragmatic standpoint, Aston Villa have, arguably the most impactful player in a major tournament in which England have advanced to the final for the first time in 55 years. In 1966 we didn't have anyone even in the squad, and despite producing/providing many international players down the years, the closest we've been is Southgate himself in 1996. Yes, we all want Jack to play more. But, if England do the unthinkable and actually win the tournament, nobody will really care how many minutes Grealish and Mings played. They will be part of the greatest achievement that our country has seen since 1966. Now, throw in the fact that either Luiz or Martinez is guaranteed to be a major tournament champion this week too, and it only bodes well for the future of our club....

England won, had it been Mason Mount brought on as a sub and subbed no one on Vital Villa would give a fuck and praise Southgate for his game management.
It was "Our Jack" so that is the issue and I also understand that Villa supporters want to see a Villa player staring for England and feel the need to support him.

He was not subbed because he is shit.........

Mason Mount is a terrific player and given his more defensive abilities I would have done the same. England won which means "Our Jack" may make an appearance in a European Cup Final.

I liked Gareth at Villa and he was right, we lacked ambition though a move to Middlesbrough didn’t seem epic they did sign Juninho (a player we had an opportunity of signing) and Emerson. But his great achievement for me is the creation of a proper team, the whole squad buying into his ways and demands. He knows the players from their youth and he has the emotional intelligence to earn their respect. And Jack has played a significant part in getting us to the final despite missing almost the final third of the season through injury.

England won, had it been Mason Mount brought on as a sub and subbed no one on Vital Villa would give a fuck and praise Southgate for his game management.
It was "Our Jack" so that is the issue and I also understand that Villa supporters want to see a Villa player staring for England and feel the need to support him.

Mason Mount is a terrific player and given his more defensive abilities I would have done the same. England won which means "Our Jack" may make an appearance in a European Cup Final.

Thank fcuk for this . Woken to some sense this morning after some ridiculousness last night . And on the last point . Let alone playing in the final he may get a winners medal.

Last edited:
Thought Sterling and Kane were top tonight, same with Maguire and walker , stepped up

I think Gareth was justified in dropping Mings for Maguire. He is so dangerous in the air and attacks the ball with so much intensity and determination on corners, that you feel either he will score or break some defenders skull.

I understand why Southgate wanted to put Trippier on. Move Walker to centre back and stiffen the defence. I can only assume he’s protecting Jack and making sure that Foden gets game time, which has been quite limited up to now.
Anyway, I’ll be seeing England in a final for the first time since I was 18. Great!

England will perhaps never again have conducive circumstances like these to win and I feel they will finally do it despite Gareth.

Italy are the first team we will have faced who are on our level on paper, so it’s going to be a tough one. We seem to go into a shell when we’re struggling in games, even against lower sides - perhaps it’s tactical to shut teams out - but Italy have more quality to punish us. Job not done yet for sure

Yeah, exactly. Fuck Southgate.

Lol

For me we looked a much more balanced side when Foden and Jack came on. Saka and Mount in my opinion offered little to nothing for the team whilst on the pitch.

Edited to say I also think Henderson should be added to this list.

Can’t believe we’re finally in a final!! Well done Gareth, In the end he’s proven himself to be very astute in this tournament and proven me and others wrong tbh.

Italy of course the biggest test, we can do it!

:party:

Worried about the final. The Italy game was far higher quality than last night , and England are going to have to play far better than they have in the tournament to win the game.
Should be a low block classic two teams hell-bent on not conceding.
We will win simple as that and then we can stop talking about Euro 96 and Italia 90
world cup 66 etc. and finally move on

Status
Not open for further replies.