The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 236 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have 26 superstar players 24 who play in the PL, which I keep getting told is the best in the world, No other country has that. they may have a few but not 24.
Italy and Spain have the next best leagues and they are there too.
England Denmark is like Man City playing Watford or should be.

You must have called 75% of the England squad shit over the last 6 months, now they are superstars?
Denmark have no superstars really, but they are a well organised team who are difficult to beat. Before the loss to Finland the only team who have beaten them in the last 3 years is Belgium and they played us twice in that period.

I put a bet on them back then, I saw something on them before the championship, they were given a free pass having not qualified (Yugoslavia were removed) and just had a strange hunch, they had zero pressure, a fantatsic keeper in Schmeichel, and I guess a few other decent players (without googling I wouldn't remember, so won't pretend I do!)

For the tournament my mates in the pub ripped me apart and as it progressed, I got less ribbing and then the day after the final I walked into the pub doing a Harry Enfield 'loads a money' !

You must have got huge odds on that? I watched a film about that story a few months ago. Even the Danish media gave them no chance and were calling for the coach to be sacked just before the tournament started. He even fell out with the Laudrup brothers beforehand

You must have got huge odds on that? I watched a film about that story a few months ago. Even the Danish media gave them no chance and were calling for the coach to be sacked just before the tournament started. He even fell out with the Laudrup brothers beforehand
Yep their all time greatest player Michael Laudrup, who I have to say, was absolutely one hell of a player, didn't bother going. The story is that he didn't think they had a chance of doing anything so elected to stay on holiday instead.

We played Denmark twice last year. Fortunate to scrape a goalless draw in Copenhagen and they beat us at Wembley 1-0. It wasn’t a major tournament but we were certainly trying to win. With England’s history in the Euros I’m not expecting it to be a walkover. In fact I can see a penalty shoot out coming our way
We are certainly due one on past tournament performance

Very true. I think he's well down the pecking order.
Sancho/Saka on the right.
Grealish backup to Sterling. (Sadly).

I STILL had a load of baggies lastnight down the pub with the old chestnut 'if he's that good he'd play - sancho etc better'....Sancho has a dog shit game and I asked them of the same logic applies to Foden? Idiots.

Frankly deep down they all know how good he is, but just in denial as if it would make them less of a Baggies, Blues etc fans. If Jack ends up scoring the only goal in the final and England win, will they still be miserable? If so, they are a disgrace.

Just reading this thread you can see how many of us are actually damaged from watching England in the past. I'm the same - it's like not trusting yourself to get into it because you're just going to get destroyed again if it all goes wrong. But, fuck it, I'm in. I'm a believer.

Seeing Southgate go over to Jack after the final whistle, his comments about having to leave players out and how the performances seem to be clicking at exactly the right time, I'm holding my hands up and eating some humble pie.

I'm not certain we'll win the tournament but I'm certain we won't just collapse or surrender or have to blame it all on a hand of God, or someone getting a red card or some other England-esque calamity of old - some other team is just going to have to be better than us over 90mins. Who that is remains to be seen.

Just reading this thread you can see how many of us are actually damaged from watching England in the past. I'm the same - it's like not trusting yourself to get into it because you're just going to get destroyed again if it all goes wrong. But, fuck it, I'm in. I'm a believer.

Seeing Southgate go over to Jack after the final whistle, his comments about having to leave players out and how the performances seem to be clicking at exactly the right time, I'm holding my hands up and eating some humble pie.

I'm not certain we'll win the tournament but I'm certain we won't just collapse or surrender or have to blame it all on a hand of God, or someone getting a red card or some other England-esque calamity of old - some other team is just going to have to be better than us over 90mins. Who that is remains to be seen.

I‘m wondering if it was , you are starting the semi final. Might account for SJ not getting any mins yesterday.

I put a bet on them back then, I saw something on them before the championship, they were given a free pass having not qualified (Yugoslavia were removed) and just had a strange hunch, they had zero pressure, a fantatsic keeper in Schmeichel, and I guess a few other decent players (without googling I wouldn't remember, so won't pretend I do!)

For the tournament my mates in the pub ripped me apart and as it progressed, I got less ribbing and then the day after the final I walked into the pub doing a Harry Enfield 'loads a money' !

"And that's where I got the money to set up VitalVilla!".....

just hope gareth treats jack with the respect he deserves and slots him in , after all ,they wouldnt, have reached that far, without him, the pundits, have forgot that now, especially the blankers on the beeb,,,,,seanie

I‘m wondering if it was , you are starting the semi final. Might account for SJ not getting any mins yesterday.

Hope so, because it would make me right in my prediction.

So sort of a win-win for me, lose-win for the rest of you :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Keep him fresh, then unleash him .. perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.