The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to say that Jack is better than Foden given what Foden has already acheived at such a young age and the fact he's a massive part of one of the best teams in the world.

Honestly think Jack needs to play at that level before we can make that claim. At the moment Foden edges it for me.

And on the really important, tabloid style, details.

Which hair style is best?

Jack was very fair in his press conference I thought, some players have just been in the CL final and the Europa Final, whereas he's been injured.

It's hard to say that Jack is better than Foden given what Foden has already acheived at such a young age and the fact he's a massive part of one of the best teams in the world.

Honestly think Jack needs to play at that level before we can make that claim. At the moment Foden edges it for me.

I would flip that and say I would like to see Foden do what Jack has done for Villa playing in mediocre sides and being the one who everyone looks to . Having all that responsibility and pressure from fans, teammates and coaches. He has dragged us through for three seasons. I think SJ has proved more tbh. If he can do what he has with the levels around him so far in his career what could he do with world class players everywhere he looks on the pitch. I think Foden has had it easy to extent because of who he has alongside him week in and week out. Not his fault and fair play, not saying he is a bad player . We are not going to tell if my feeling is right because we won’t sign Foden . We may well see of SJ is even better with the likes of all those Citeh players around him. Not at Citeh perhaps but elsewhere.

It's a good point Melon.

No doubt both are extremely talented players and England are lucky to have them, but they've followed different career paths so far.

When you look at what Foden has won already though it has to count for something. It's actually insane. So difficult to split them on pure ability I think so you have to move to achievments after that.

Foden has come into a team filled with experienced international players, league winners, people who've won international tournaments. Aguero, Mahrez, Sterling, Fernandinho, Rodri, Gundogan, Jesus, Silva all around him.

Grealish came into a side with Westwood, Lescott, Richards, N'Zogbia, Gestede, Clark, Richardson, Bacuna. Some of the worst players in the clubs recent history. I've seena fair bit of Foden and believe that if you swapped him with Jack then Jack would thrive and Foden would struggle.

There have been times when Jack has been our team, the only one likely to spark us into life in a game. He’s had to play every game for us to stand a chance. True, we coped, that being the operative word, when he had his lengthy layoff but we looked a struggling side without him. Foden is one of half a dozen star players in his side. They could leave him out and still wipe the floor with most of their opponents.
If Foden had been our player instead of Jack this season I doubt his impact would have been the same.
Mind, I wouldn’t mind having him as well as Jack.

It's a good point Melon.

No doubt both are extremely talented players and England are lucky to have them, but they've followed different career paths so far.

When you look at what Foden has won already though it has to count for something. It's actually insane. So difficult to split them on pure ability I think so you have to move to achievments after that.

And whatever the thoughts are for and against Foden. Pep is one of the best and he knows a player . And that says quite a bit about Foden to be fair.

Foden 1600 PL mins this season
Jack who has missed near 13 games has still played 2200 mins

Jack plays every minute of every game Foden is still a bit-part player for City.
Foden is a very good player but Jack is better, would Foden carry Villa as Jack does?

Anyway they both play if I was picking the team. So would Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.