The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread title is incorrect . However is actually correct in my book

Why is it that despite blatantly being 2021 they are still calling it euro 2020.

What is wrong with calling it euro 21 ffs. :arrghh:

Indeed. Just thought it would confuse you lot...! :grinning:

To be fair if thats's true you couldn't moan about him being a defensive manager. That's an insane back line. 2 wing backs at cb.

Maybe he's doing it to try and fit Jack, Foden, Mount and Sancho all in?

If so #We'llScoreMoreThanYou

I still expect him to put Rice & Henderson/Phillips in front of the 3 and Chilwell and Trippier at WB so he'll still have plenty of defensive cover on the pitch.
For someone who is supposedly meticulous in his preparation, it seems a bad decision not trying to get his preferred 11 on the pitch last Sunday.
I still think we'll get through the group stage, but it will be a tough run after that

Rumours that Southgate is going to go with a back 3 of Walker, Stones and Shaw on Sunday!
Absolutely ridiculous that he's still tinkering around with his line up at this late stage. He could have tried that against Romania if he was thinking along those lines, not taking a huge gamble in what will probably be our toughest group game. I know he was resting the players involved in the champions league and europa cup finals, but other nations seem to have managed to get them involved in the warm up games.

That rumour is in keeping with Southgate's mindset.

Perhaps this is a bit hopeful, but i think he’ll play Jack left, mount at 10, sterling right.

It’s just too obvious that he’s one our best players, if not best.

Perhaps this is a bit hopeful, but i think he’ll play Jack left, mount at 10, sterling right.

It’s just too obvious that he’s one our best players, if not best.

There's no way Foden won't start. He's our best player after Kane.

I think Kane, Mount, Foden is nailed on, its just about who plays with them. Sterling, Rashford, Sancho or Jack if he's brave enough.... Phillips, Bellingham or another CB if he's not.

This recent thread says everything you need to know about Southgate - hasn't a fucking clue.

Does he think it's a master stroke to spring a back three on the opposition when we haven't been playing that system? Oh and to only have one recognised CB in that three?

Tool

We are going into a major tournament and nobody has a friggin clue who will start - except Mount

You reckon? I'm pretty sure I can name at least 8 of the starting 11 Sunday.

Pickford
Walker
Stones
Shaw
Rice
Mount
Foden
Kane

Of the other 3, Henderson and Maguire would be certain starters if not for injury so who comes in for them is up for debate, and the last spot wide left is just a nice problem to have with so many quality players to choose from.

You reckon? I'm pretty sure I can name at least 8 of the starting 11 Sunday.

Pickford
Walker
Stones
Shaw
Rice
Mount
Foden
Kane

Of the other 3, Henderson and Maguire would be certain starters if not for injury so who comes in for them is up for debate, and the lady spot wide left is just a nice problem to have with so many quality players to choose from.
add Phillips to the above and Rashford

Just watching the BBC 1 launch show.

Getting excited now!

John McGinn being interviewed. His team mates love him, same as at Villa

add Phillips to the above and Rashford

Possibly. But he could still start with Hendo, and Bellingham has been class in friendlies.

Rashford, Sterling, Jack or Sancho? Tough one isn't it. Whoever he goes for it's hard to argue as they're all very good players.

Contracts, Merchandise, Marketing... no point in writing off all that moneyh and starting again for the sake of a 1

Surprised those corrupt wankers at UEFA wouldn’t be adding up all the merchandise they’d get to re-sell by changing the year

Rumours that Southgate is going to go with a back 3 of Walker, Stones and Shaw on Sunday!

I hope that is just a rumour, or I’m going to be the annoying, know it all ****** in the pub shouting Southgate out before we’ve even kicked off at 2pm. What could possibly go wrong with that back three?

I guess it’s because he can’t handle the pressure of dropping one of Shaw and Chilwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.