The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben White has the last place in England Squad.
I think we should be in for him

I like him and he did bloody well at Leeds but on that performance he shouldn't be at the next training camp. For all the pelters at Mings' performance, he never has to cover Konsa that much simply for being out of position!

I didn't think he had a particularly good game yesterday, but I'm hating the slander Mings is getting online at the moment. Not deserved at all and the nation has commited to the scapegoat for when we inevitably screw everything up in the last 16. Feel like he's gonna come back a broken man next month.

Awfull first half but was pretty solid second half.

Eric Dier is shit on any stage.... His England inclusion ranks alongside Carlton Palmer and Jeff Thomas....
Hang on a moment, Graham Taylor gave Carlton and Jeff their England caps.....are you suggesting......oh, I'll get my coat

I like him and he did bloody well at Leeds but on that performance he shouldn't be at the next training camp. For all the pelters at Mings' performance, he never has to cover Konsa that much simply for being out of position!

I thought Mings was appalling hence him getting a 4/10 on sky sports ratings. Ben White has got into the Squad on his showing.

Not sure what is being said, I tend to avoid social media as much as possible.

But I think he is setting himself up for a fall, purely because, like before 2 minutes were up, he makes his silly mistakes, then continues pointing and telling everyone else what to do.

I think you have to be better than Mings is, before you take charge like that.

I think he's played himself out of contention though, so hopefully less abuse and he won't, as you say, be a broken man.

I picked up on the pointing and shouting too. Doesn't bother me at all at Villa, but in a different context he came off as an annoying person to play with.

Feel bad for the guy as it does look like he won't be featuring much, purely due to his own performances. Just got to hope he dusts himself off and learns from mistakes. The WC is only next year anyway!

I thought Mings was appalling hence him getting a 4/10 on sky sports ratings. Ben White has got into the Squad on his showing.

Mings was poor, but for me, he was having to do so much covering of White who kept drifting out of position and then compensating for Shaw running forward and going missing. Not his best showing, but they were all poor but he wasn't the weak link.

If White has got in on that showing, Southgate needs his head testing again.

I really didn’t think Mings was bad. Never got caught out from what i saw. Once he was quite wide, but that would have been fine if Shaw tracked his man.

Seems to be a lot of fuss about Mings’ performances, but i did not see a bad performance in either game (close-line aside...)

Hang on a moment, Graham Taylor gave Carlton and Jeff their England caps.....are you suggesting......oh, I'll get my coat
Well at least Sir Graham had the good sense to realize his mistake and they only got a handful of caps. Dier has been a mainstay for years, despite being absolute :poop::poop::poop:

I really didn’t think Mings was bad. Never got caught out from what i saw. Once he was quite wide, but that would have been fine if Shaw tracked his man.

Seems to be a lot of fuss about Mings’ performances, but i did not see a bad performance in either game (close-line aside...)
he had that little wobble in the 2nd minute which seemed to trigger Lee forehead Dixon into action to criticise him at every opportunity.
Bottom line we kept a clean sheet.

he had that little wobble in the 2nd minute which seemed to trigger Lee forehead Dixon into action to criticise him at every opportunity.
And believe it or not, Dixon is the best co-commentator we get here for the state-side coverage.

I disagree, he is a decent co-commentator and none of his comments were unfair.

I wonder if Mings was affected by the booing before kick off. He’s quite prominent in the taking a knee ritual.

I disagree, he is a decent co-commentator and none of his comments were unfair.

I watch Mings pretty closely and he's all over the place defensively, never marks anyone, dives in at the wrong times stands off at the wrong times. Not good in the air for his height. Ball watches and most of his stuff is last-ditch Carlos Cuellar stuff but there were some Villans that thought Carlos was good as well.

thought he had an ok game tbh - not any worse than White or Shaw.
Godfrey looked shite but can't see what the fuss is supposed to be about him being useless in a number of positions.
Thought White mostly shirked playing out and left that to Mings (even though he's supposedly comfortable in midfield) - Mings is the only left sided centre half (unless Maguire gets out his sick bed) I think so unless Gareth comes up with the brainwave to play fatty Shaw there then I think he'll prob play.

Can't see much in Kalvin Philips either but then the centre of midfield is pish

My worry with Mings is that if the national press start hounding him at every opportunity, which has already started to some degree, what effect that will have on him after the euros. We’ve seen before bad international tournaments can have a knock on effect. Some players never look the same especially if they make a bad error during the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.