The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pope’s distribution is shit from what I’ve seen. Great shot stopper, which is what the armchair fans see on the highlights. But in the flesh, he’s very poor with his feet in my opinion.

Yeah I agree, but he's one of his favourites from the World Cup run in 2018

Lingard was fucking shit in that World Cup. As was Alli and Henderson. The midfield were consistently outplayed by the opposition, after we went 1-0 against Croatia from a set piece, those three treated the ball like a hot potato.

Just seen an interview with Southgate where he says Maddison wasn’t selected because he hasn’t been starting .

Maddison - 24 starts , 7 sub.

Foden - 17 starts , 11 sub
Greenwood - 21 starts , 10 sub

What is it about the playing for unfashionable Leicester City James Maddison that you don’t like Gareth.

Just seen an interview with Southgate where he says Maddison wasn’t selected because he hasn’t been starting .

What is it about the playing for unfashionable Leicester City James Maddison that you don’t like Gareth.

Wasn't Maddison out for a bit with an injury as well - unlike the other two?

This is what grates me with Gates - he talks like fans are thick and people don't have access to the numbers he gets wrong when it suits him - yet the press never challenge him directly on it.

At least just have the balls to say, he's a good kid, but I prefer X and it's my job on the line.

Maddison recently returned from injury, Leicester fans seem to think he's been rubbish since, and he was pulled in the Spurs match on Sunday. Add to that his unfortunate behavior before that, maybe Gareth got this one right...

I think he means recently not over the course of a whole season.

Foden has been instrumental in city's run in. Greenwood has hit form too. Maddison has been injured / out of form since January.

Leeds had a bid of 30m turned down for his last summer before he'd even played in the PL, I can see why now. There again Brighton have conceded 46 goals the same as us

Think I read Brighton had the second best defence (after Chelsea) in 2021. I have no quibbles over White or Godfrey's inclusion, both had very good seasons and demonstrated far better adaptability to different positions, as well as playing in both 3 and 4 man backlines, compared to Konsa.

I dont see the need to name a provisional squad. He must know by now who he's going to pick anyway and not much is going to change in the next 7 days.

Nah, not like any (think I read 12, haven't checked) could be involved in either the Europa or Champions League Finals and as such get an injury that would rule them out...

I was just thinking how the fuck has Ramsdale got in, he's shite. GK is definitely a weak spot for us
Remember the days when England could boast the best goalkeepers in the world. Now we have a bang-average (at best) undersized goalkeeper as our number 1, and two others from relegated clubs (two in succession for Ramsdale). The best among them has spent more than half of the season on the bench at ManUre.

Nah, not like any (think I read 12, haven't checked) could be involved in either the Europa or Champions League Finals and as such get an injury that would rule them out...

Well they do have emergenices they can call up in case of injuries. Still seems pointless to me. Italy have done the same thing

No Watkins in the England squad.....thought he would be when Greenwood withdrew earlier.....but delighted to see we have four right backs in it! :shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.