The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the need to name a provisional squad. He must know by now who he's going to pick anyway and not much is going to change in the next 7 days.

If Southgate doesn't pick Jack for the final squad but takes people like Dier, Phillips, and the injured Henderson and Maguire I might actually storm St George's Park and string him from the nearest lamppost. Or maybe something less drastic but I'd still be fuming.

Looking at the squad I do worry that he's brought Lingard back in to replace Jack if he isnt 100% fit. He needs to chop 7 and I'd guess Ramsdale, White, Godfrey are certainties to drop out. So still 4 more to pick

Crazy he's easily the best footballer in England yet here we are discussing if he makes the bloody squad , simply because we know Southgate is in charge.
Any other manager in Europe builds a team around him, England look at him as a luxury

Always been the way. Brian Little only got 10 mins for England , and he was the most naturally gifted player I have seen before Super Jack came along.

He needs to chop 7 and I'd guess Ramsdale, White, Godfrey are certainties to drop out. So still 4 more to pick
Yup. I think TAA might well not make it either and possibly Coady from the defenders. Further forward, probably Kalvin Phillips or Lingard.

And (much as it pains me) Ollie might not make the cut, on the basis of 'last in, first out'.

EDIT: not that I give too much of a shit, gave up on England some time ago.

I think Ramsdale is better than Sam Johnstone but neither are England keepers.
Pickford should stick to driving a furniture van. England are I the shite as you don't get far with the keeper who has lost confidence.

I think Ramsdale is better than Sam Johnstone but neither are England keepers.
Pickford should stick to driving a furniture van. England are I the shite as you don't get far with the keeper who has lost confidence.
:rofl:

England don't have any good keepers. I keep hearing about how Nick Pope is really good but he lets so many soft goals in.

yep it's just most of the English keepers available -
Pope looked petrified trying to not hoof it when he came in.
Still with Hendo and Rice holding there won't be much work for the keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.