The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not according to Darren Bent who on SSN goes for Foden and Sancho against Croatia.

It doesn't matter if he starts or not. At some point England will be in the shit and even Southgate will know there's only one man for the job. Villa fans have been saying this lads special for years and this summer the remaining idiots who don't believe us will be forced to see how wrong they've been.

Four right backs and you just know he won't or can't play them all so what a stupid selection.

And as for including totally out of form Sterling?.........Well it perfectly sums up Southgate for me.:shake:

Since Walker came out publicly and stated he doesn't enjoy, or particularly want to play that position he would never have been selected again if I were the manager.

Link: https://talksport.com/football/3826...says-playing-in-back-three-is-step-backwards/

Southgate using the Steve Bruce method of squad building..... Can never have enough right-backs..... :slap:

Not seen those comments before. He should count himself lucky he gets in the team at all - he's only really making the back 3 because of his pace. If we go with a back 4 he gets dropped.

I actually think he's got the squad about right but a gamble on Henderson and Maguire.

Pickford
James Stones Maguire/Mings Shaw
Phillips Rice
Foden Mount Grealish
Kane

Looking at that I fancy our chances.

It doesn't matter if he starts or not. At some point England will be in the shit and even Southgate will know there's only one man for the job. Villa fans have been saying this lads special for years and this summer the remaining idiots who don't believe us will be forced to see how wrong they've been.

Any England starting line up that doesn't include SJ is a shambles quite frankly.

Not seen those comments before. He should count himself lucky he gets in the team at all - he's only really making the back 3 because of his pace. If we go with a back 4 he gets dropped.

reckon Walker is the best of the 245 right backs he's picked tbh - deffo need his pace.

Can't see the point in Trippier at all - would think that place could be used better elsewhere

I actually think he's got the squad about right but a gamble on Henderson and Maguire.

Pickford
Phillips Rice
Foden Mount Grealish
Kane

As much as I'd like to see Jack start, I cant see Southgate leaving Sterling out of his line up. I think Jack will have to earn his place with a good performance off the bench.

reckon Walker is the best of the 245 right backs he's picked tbh - deffo need his pace.

Can't see the point in Trippier at all - would think that place could be used better elsewhere

Trippier has Just won La Liga and can play LB as well. I've not really watched many of his games this season so not sure how he's performed. I think it could also be a case of sticking with people who've performed for him in the past.

Pickford
Phillips Rice
Foden Mount Grealish
Kane

Swap out Foden and Jack for Sir Marcus and Sterling and you have Southgate's starting 11 Mind you he might play Henderson instead of Maguire if he doesn't make it

I'm hoping Jack gets starts but I very much doubt it will happen until the inevitable failure to win a game and pressure from the Sun forces his hand

4 right backs? Think Southgate has lost the plot and has bowed to pressure on Alexander Arnold and has selected an extra right back unnecessarily.. even 3 is probably one too many. Watkins unfortunately to miss out as the 3rd striker… we also look a little light on midfielders

First choice at Atletico who won the league. Nothing wrong with having some players with experience in a foreign league… something we’ve always lacked

Pickford
Phillips Rice
Foden Mount Grealish
Kane

Pickford ffs. No wonder we need 4 x LB. Perhaps they can form a permanent wall on the goal line.

(Not a dig at you 0latypus)

As much as I'd like to see Jack start, I cant see Southgate leaving Sterling out of his line up. I think Jack will have to earn his place with a good performance off the bench.

Even though we would all love to see Jack start, I hope he doesn't. I want to see England playing boring football or not being able to create much and then see Jack come on and set the world alight.

Status
Not open for further replies.