The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Lingard had jumped ahead of SJ in the pecking order?.

Seems not.

Premature ejaculation over a player in form for a handful of games . Not heard of that before.

Given the players available to us, that is a woefully underwhelming selection.

4 RB's, even Wolves fans admit Coady can't play in a two, no disrespect to Sam Johnstone but he's not international class, neither is Henderson for me.

I'd be gutted if I gave a toss.

Too many forwards so he had a problem. But I'm surprised he's gone for Calvert Lewin over Ollie; not impressed by DCL, a one-trick pony who lacks real quality.

Loads of attacking talent to choose from, but limited at CB and bloody awful choice of Keepers. I guess this will just reinforce Southgates opinion that he needs to play 2 defensive midfielders to cover our weaknesses.
I'm not expecting many exciting England games

bit worried we'll struggle if we have 4 injuries at right back - bit of a risk only taking the 4 tbh

oooh Gareth devil may care as ever -

guess he didn't fancy the incessant whining if he hadn't picked terry trent darby

the dropped get a go in the friendly tomorrow tho - which makes a lot of sense ......

erm

Yes, I just heard about that. What is the point in a warm up game if you aren't using the players who will be in the squad. Wouldnt blame the players who've been cut if they feigned injury and went on holiday instead

Apparently Lingard is playing in the warm up match tomorrow despite not being in the squad.

Really happy for Jack and Mings. Ollie should be going in a 26 man squad but he didn't want the hassle of dropping one of the right backs it seems. Showing his Villa roots there by having 4 in the squad.

That centre half selection looks awfully weak as Mings is the best of the 4 and he's not even the best cb at Villa. When was the last time Maguire or Henderson played?

Surprised Saka has snuck in as I've never been impressed with him whenever I've seen him. Jack with the number 7 shirt is interesting, could he be starting? He should be of course.

My team would be

Henderson

Trippier Stones Mings Chillwell

Rice mount

Sancho Foden Grealish

Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.