The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 32 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford has been pretty average all season. Play the best players and they will take care of things. You give Kane 5 chances and he will score 2 so you can afford to be less reliant on the others.
yep and Jack creates the most chances in the PL per game in a team that finished 11th not top4

Is Gareth Southgate getting paid to dress like a twat

He dresses like a teenager who’s just bought his first two piece from Burton and a snazzy shirt from River Island.

He’s done the whole character thing - decided a suit is the way to get some charm across.

Absolute fraud of a bloke. His football represents his personality too, from the one brief time I met him.

He dresses like a teenager who’s just bought his first two piece from Burton and a snazzy shirt from River Island.

He’s done the whole character thing - decided a suit is the way to get some charm across.

Absolute fraud of a bloke. His football represents his personality too, from the one brief time I met him.
Boring and bland?

he should just keep it simple like Pep, pair of Cargo trousers and a generic sweatshirt

I would play Foden , Mount and Super Jack behind Kane.

Yep. This notion that we have to choose between Foden , Mount and Grealish is so English isn’t it.

Why is it so this or that ?. Are any of those players THAT far ahead of each other. Of course not. Heard all this before with Le Tiss and Gazza. The latter in particular wasn’t a certain for WC 90 and looked what happened . I bet the Brazilians don’t have these conversations about choosing between skilful players, they would find a way. It’s just shambolic our mentality.

Easy to argue that Mount and Foden have had stellar seasons when they are surrounded by fantasy footballers cherry picked by their mega rich clubs. Jacks stats don’t lie this season and that puts him easily argued for a start as much as the others. All done in a far less talented mix of players these last 2 seasons aswell.

Bottom line is all 3 should be playing and a decent international manager would find a way.

Last edited:
Choosing the right clothes is Soooooo important. My opinion of Lambert took a fatal nose-dive when he swapped a track suit for a collar and tie. Track suit was natural, the other utter pretension. Think his new girl friend persuaded him he needed to look smart for when the big clubs came in for him.

How about Tim for England manager? Bit of passion on the touch line.

I don't get all the hype about Sancho.
At times it was like kids playing in the schoolyard with everyone chasing after the ball. The number of times Sancho was on the wrong side of the pitch was unreal and all it did was make it difficult for Jack and Rashford as they got crowded out. Sancho needed to stay in position and allow the back line to be stretched - just like it was when he was substituted!

Villa buying Sancho - not for me Jeff!!

At times it was like kids playing in the schoolyard with everyone chasing after the ball. The number of times Sancho was on the wrong side of the pitch was unreal and all it did was make it difficult for Jack and Rashford as they got crowded out. Sancho needed to stay in position and allow the back line to be stretched - just like it was when he was substituted!

Villa buying Sancho - not for me Jeff!!

First time I've actually seen Sancho and yet again he was subbed.
The only excuse I can make for him is that just like Jack we don't give him the ball. In saying that if he's worth 100m or whatever Jack is worth 250m and I'm not joking

First time I've actually seen Sancho and yet again he was subbed.
The only excuse I can make for him is that just like Jack we don't give him the ball. In saying that if he's worth 100m or whatever Jack is worth 250m and I'm not joking

Given the amount of attacking talent in the team, if I were the manager, I’d fine the midfield for every sideways and backwards pass made.

I think Sancho is a good player but is overrated. Also looks like one of those who cannot translate club form to the international level. Many good players face this issue for one reason or another.

I put Sancho and Hudson-Odoi in the same bracket. High potential players, but who’s hype and value in the market has overtaken actually influence on the games they actually play in. I haven’t seen sancho play domestically, I’m only going off what I see for England.

Both players are very talented though and will hopefully have great careers for England.

I think Sancho is a good player but is overrated. Also looks like one of those who cannot translate club form to the international level. Many good players face this issue for one reason or another.
I reckon that's the difference between a top player and a good player, the top players just play anywhere any time without fear

Status
Not open for further replies.