The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020) | Page 116 | Vital Football

The Euros Summer 2021 Official Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in. Spent yesterday and most of today in Prince Philip Hospital Llanelli, having bladder and kidney stones zapped and removed. Battered and sore but it had to be done. 2 hour journey each way.

So, did England win? Had us down for a dead cert 5-0 thrashing of the Scots, with Grealish calling the tune.
Glad it went well McP. Hope the discomfort eases quickly.
P.S. You did well to miss the match.

I’ve seen them all since Ramsey. The only one that impressed me was Venables.

Joe Mercer had England playing for enjoyment. Bobby Robson was pretty good. The only non-English manager I thought was any good was Sven; very good at player psychology.

Think the problem we currently have is that the FA is obsessed by developing an English system. The problem being that Southgate gets the job because he's signed up to that system. A system can only take you so far; you need the talent and a manager who knows how to use that talent, coupled with a dedication to winning matches.

We have the talent, far more talent than the Scots, and should be beating them comfortably.

Mercer picked exciting sides. Worthington, Weller, Hudson, Currie and Bowles for starters. Then we got Greenwood and he insisted on ignoring Mortimer and Little.

Just in. Spent yesterday and most of today in Prince Philip Hospital Llanelli, having bladder and kidney stones zapped and removed. Battered and sore but it had to be done. 2 hour journey each way.

So, did England win? Had us down for a dead cert 5-0 thrashing of the Scots, with Grealish calling the tune.
That sounds very painfull McParland.
All the very best.

What I love about watching Germany or German teams in recent years, they always look to pass forward firstly, and usually have at least one option if not two, to do so. If they can’t go forward, they go sideways and then go forward.

At the risk of sounding very bitter regarding man United penalties against us (which I am)....

And as much as I have nothing against Portugal....

It’s nice seeing Bruno Fernandez looking decidedly average in a competition in which referees and VAR are not falling for anything.

This is how penalties should be managed in the perm. If it’s doubtful, just move on with the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.