The European Championship ‘21 | Page 8 | Vital Football

The European Championship ‘21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the general opinion of Ronaldo's Coca Cola "snub"?

I am just discussing this with my wife. I think footballers should stick to football. If I were Coke or Heineken I would use dummy bottles and bolt them to the desk. The sponsors are pumping in millions into football which helps support clubs. Pogba removed a bottle of alcohol free lager !!

So Coca Cola and Heineken should be pissed off with UEFA, the event organisers, not Ronaldo or Pogba. They hadn't thought it through when they tried to pull in a few more quid by offering that in one of their sponsor packages. They hadn't planned for an athlete to do something natural to them at the expense of the sponsor. They clearly hadn't briefed the interviewees in their process.

UEFA will now cost their sponsors millions in lost revenue as people are now googling why they should not drink these types of drinks. Ronaldo has helped with dietary education and I'm sure wouldn't have moved a bottle of Evian.

Anyway, just off to the fridge for a fat coke :-)

I am just discussing this with my wife. I think footballers should stick to football. If I were Coke or Heineken I would use dummy bottles and bolt them to the desk. The sponsors are pumping in millions into football which helps support clubs. Pogba removed a bottle of alcohol free lager !!
Footballers sticking to football would mean Ronaldo not going to press conferences where journalists ask a series of the same old boring questions that lead to nothing close to insightful answers

Regardless, it doesn't matter. Coke got infinitely more advertisement with the world's most famous player "protesting" against it than what they would have other wise.

Last edited:
So Coca Cola and Heineken should be pissed off with UEFA, the event organisers, not Ronaldo or Pogba. They hadn't thought it through when they tried to pull in a few more quid by offering that in one of their sponsor packages. They hadn't planned for an athlete to do something natural to them at the expense of the sponsor. They clearly hadn't briefed the interviewees in their process.

UEFA will now cost their sponsors millions in lost revenue as people are now googling why they should not drink these types of drinks. Ronaldo has helped with dietary education and I'm sure wouldn't have moved a bottle of Evian.

Anyway, just off to the fridge for a fat coke :-)
Great post!

Isak looked really good earlier and Schick also impressive. If Kane is off this summer could one of these be a replacement? I'd lean towards Isak, he can beat a man and potential looks huge, but both look very decent.

Sterling has showed more effort in the last 5 min that gain attained over the course of many games all year.

I would take Sterling in a swap in heartbeat if it wasn't for his already massive wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.