The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

It’s difficult to comment on something I know nothing about and hasn’t fully played out yet. I know this is changing the habit of a life time but in this case I’d like to see the end result!
Looks like the end result is Buendia won't be playing any football for the best part of 2/3 weeks for us or Argentina. Martinez looks like he'll be playing one game in the same period.
Planned to perfection to suit absolutely nobody , players club or country

Looks like the end result is Buendia won't be playing any football for the best part of 2/3 weeks for us or Argentina. Martinez looks like he'll be playing one game in the same period.
Madness, if that’s the case.

and once back they'll be able to fit in 2 league games and then off they go again for the next round of games .

Absolutely love Emi Buendia and seriously want him to be a Villa legend, but I'm really starting to get this (probably irrational) nagging doubt in the back of my mind that he could end up being another Charles N'Zogbia.

Disappointed so far, to say the least. That said, he hasn't had many games. Like Charlie, a very talented footballer. But, unlike Charlie, I think he will give his all. Whether he is tough, or quick, enough for the PL remains to be seen. If he is, he will be a star here.

Clearly good enough for the PL - he just needs an understanding and our front line are trying to develop one themselves on top.

Did some nice instinctive stuff in the middle of the park when we started to click with Carney on the pitch.

Needs more minutes.

Difference between Buendia and N'Zogbia is that there's a match between his skills and what we want. He's still bedding in at the moment but there was some good stuff tonight. N'Zogbia in a McLeish team was as big a mismatch as you could get.

Disappointed so far, to say the least. That said, he hasn't had many games. Like Charlie, a very talented footballer. But, unlike Charlie, I think he will give his all. Whether he is tough, or quick, enough for the PL remains to be seen. If he is, he will be a star here.
Still looks a bit rusty and misfiring. I hope he puts club before country next month as he needs to work harder to cement his place in the team.

The jury is out for me, strange thing is this season we have spent 60m on two players that have hardly played so far. This means that others have stepped up one being Jacob Ramsey who at this moment in time is in the shirt

If he is one third of Grealish he is not there yet. He is probably no more than Grealish's right testicle so plenty of room to improve.

And for once I agree with Silhill. He needs to forget going to Argentina to sit on their bench or in the stands and get his villa career going.

He's definitely got quality but the way some were building him up to be some superstar who was better than Jack has probably raised expectations too much. Still early days fro him and I'm sure he'll do ok for us.
One thing about him that was irritating me was his continuous moaning at team mates. Every time they didnt pick him out he would stand there arms out shouting at them. Could well be just frustration on his behalf as he knows he can be better

Still looks a bit rusty and misfiring. I hope he puts club before country next month as he needs to work harder to cement his place in the team.
Chicken and egg scenario, if he doesn't play for his club he won't get picked for Argentina, I hope he enjoyed his two-week holiday but it's cost him his starting place and last nights showing won't have won it back, Sanson looked far more impressive