The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Emi wasn’t even on the bench yesterday and so basically he could potentially miss 1 to 3 Villa games for nothing. That of course will depend if he is there for 2 matches or 3. This is grossly unfair and it really isn’t on. He is our most expensive signing and we need him to bed into our team as soon as possible. This will take a lot longer than anticipated with these interruptions, and basically it is just so he can participate in Argentina’s training sessions.

I can see why Buendia wants to be in the mix, he wants to play for his country, he's just breaking into the squad, he wants to be there.

It is however irresponsible for teams to call up more players than they need during a global pandemic, This is a failure of the governing bodies.

Emi wasn’t even on the bench yesterday and so basically he could potentially miss 1 to 3 Villa games for nothing. That of course will depend if he is there for 2 matches or 3. This is grossly unfair and it really isn’t on. He is our most expensive signing and we need him to bed into our team as soon as possible. This will take a lot longer than anticipated with these interruptions, and basically it is just so he can participate in Argentina’s training sessions.
They've taken him like England have taken Mings just for the easy game which is the one he's supposed to miss.

I can see why Buendia wants to be in the mix, he wants to play for his country, he's just breaking into the squad, he wants to be there.

It is however irresponsible for teams to call up more players than they need during a global pandemi, This is a failure of the governing bodies.
Wanting to play for your country is fair enough, but if it means missing matches for their clubs, then they should forfeit their wages for those games. Either that or the likes of Argentina should be made to pay their wages for those games.
I agree that it is totally irresponsible to call upon unneeded players during a pandemic.

It’s one of those, Aston Villa have gave them something other clubs are unwilling to do, this should make them respect, appreciate and feel grateful that they’ve done this.

Any player with a backbone that isn’t starting and missing club games I would expect to come back on their own free will and not stay for the third game, you’ve got to honour the club you’re playing for otherwise if this opportunity comes again it’s likely to be slammed shut.

shouldn't be surprised really, this is madness if you ask me , particularly during a global pandemic

Surely we have to look longer term than football in a pandemic? I’m thankful we have an enlightened and intelligent management team which Dean Smith epitomises. They have to make the right decisions for the benefit of the club in years to come and I expect those given the leeway to play for their country will give as much back and more to this great club.

Surely we have to look longer term than football in a pandemic? I’m thankful we have an enlightened and intelligent management team which Dean Smith epitomises. They have to make the right decisions for the benefit of the club in years to come and I expect those given the leeway to play for their country will give as much back and more to this great club.
I really would like to agree with you re giving back to the club Wicked, but the more I see of the modern footballer and the greedy way that football has progressed I find it difficult to believe.
Heres hoping I am wrong.

To think we are moaning about 2 of our players being called up by that minnow footballing country Argentina when 4 years ago we lost our big money signing for good because he couldn't find his way past his electric gates to go training.

Think we have progressed overall.

Last edited:
To think we are moaning about 2 of our players being called up by that minnow footballing country Argentina when 4 years ago we lost our big money signing for good because he couldn't find his way passed his electric gates.

Think we have progressed overall.

No no , you can't say that. We are a shambles from top to bottom , all the players are terrible , the manager is a joke and things have never been so bad.

Wanting to play for your country is fair enough, but if it means missing matches for their clubs, then they should forfeit their wages for those games. Either that or the likes of Argentina should be made to pay their wages for those games.
I agree that it is totally irresponsible to call upon unneeded players during a pandemic.
Do we really want to enforce policies like this when we want to attract top talent? Cutting off your nose

Do we really want to enforce policies like this when we want to attract top talent? Cutting off your nose
There's a balance to be had to ensure players don't walk all over the club.
We appear to be weak in this area at the moment compared with other Prem teams but in the clubs defence we are in new territory here dealing with South American international footballers for example

There's a balance to be had to ensure players don't walk all over the club.
We appear to be weak in this area at the moment compared with other Prem teams but in the clubs defence we are in new territory here dealing with South American international footballers for example
I get where you’re coming from but i couldn’t disagree more tbh.

The club mantra is continual progression, so why would we stifle a players development (and value!) by stopping them from playing for and training with their international teams?

Yes we want them to be available for games, but are we better off having international players? The answer is a resounding yes.

Just put this down to crazy times and move on. I think the club’s acted admirably (which is par for the course at the moment)

Last edited:
This is entirely the fault of the football authorities and their ridiculous calender and the situation the world is in with the pandemic.
How possibly can we claim to be any sort of draw or a big club for top players if we are going to stop them going to play for their countries regardless off the situation (other than clearly injury).

So easy for Peter Perfects to sit at their keyboard and be angry about it (Well actually angry about everything) without knowing the full story, what has been said, what hasn't been said .
I mean fcuk me, we should fcuk off Emi1 and Emi2 for good over this according to some.
Seriously think about what you are saying for a minute. Easy words to type as ever.

Last edited: