The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

What formation? Two defensive midfielders to cover? Traore and El Ghazi as wingbacks?
We could handle a 3-4-3:

Emi

Konsa / Mings / Hause

Cash / Marv (or SJM) / Doug (or SJM) / Targett

Buendia / Ollie / Super Jack

Bench: Steer / Guilbert / Young / Bert / AEG / Sanson (or Ramsey) / Wesley (not sure how many subs allowed next season?)

Champions League incoming :wahey::utv:

We could handle a 3-4-3:

Emi

Konsa / Mings / Hause

Cash / Marv (or SJM) / Doug (or SJM) / Targett

Buendia / Ollie / Super Jack

Bench: Steer / Guilbert / Young / Bert / AEG / Sanson (or Ramsey) / Wesley (not sure how many subs allowed next season?)

Champions League incoming :wahey::utv:
I just have an irrational hatred of that formation. I think I've only ever seen it work twice - once was against Burnley when we caught them out more than anything, and the second time was England against Germany in the Euros when they played the same system and didn't turn up (in fact neither side turned up until super Jack came off the bench).

The problem is you only end up with 2 midfielders so you can't control possession, and then you're wing back and wingers end up covering the same ground and are out of the game half of the time because the ball is on the other side of the pitch

Historically me and you are among the biggest Buendia advocates on here. I'm similarly very excited to see him in the claret and blue. He brings genuine quality to the table.

Mad times, I remember being told over and over he isn’t good enough and is overrated, that’s why no ones bought him, and wanting to quote me when he’s flopped.

I’m just glad he’s here, when he becomes a star which I’m convinced I’ll be smiling like Andy Dufresne sipping a cold beer on that rooftop.

Mad times, I remember being told over and over he isn’t good enough and is overrated, that’s why no ones bought him, and wanting to quote me when he’s flopped.

I’m just glad he’s here, when he becomes a star which I’m convinced I’ll be smiling like Andy Dufresne sipping a cold beer on that rooftop.
Dufresne did have his, um, ups and downs though. Hopefully it's the beer scene for you.