The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

I think the size of his back lawn is an issue he only has little legs and the lawnmower is too big for him, needs to get himself a gardener.
Nothing is stopping him from being a great player for us except himself

Great, great display. He was aggressive, he very determinedly pressed the opposition but also demonstrated real quality on the ball with a wonderful assist. Thoroughly deserved his goal as well.

The last thing we need to do is alienate this player by benching him game after game for Coutinho. We need to find solutions for him as a matter of urgency.

I know there are some who are not convinced by Buendia at all but I just love watching him play the game. He tries to keep everything moving at a higher tempo, which can lead to mistakes but i'll take that every day over the boring tippy tappy crap
Yep Buendia is one of those players who is constantly playing on the edge. Yes he makes mistakes but sometimes you have to accept groaning at a few things that don't come off then ballance it against that one sublime moment.

Looked bloody great on the limited highlights I have seen. Hopefully he has finally arrived after an underwhelming start to life here. No doubt not helped by the change of manager and coaches so soon after signing. I have been harsh but we should expect high standards and levels from record signings and with the hype that has surrounded him. He has proved himself against the low and lower mid table teams and I would start him Tuesday against the dippers to see how he gets on against this type of quality opposition.

Last edited:
Didn’t realise it was the finalissima tonight. Argentina winning 2 nil v Italy. I see that not only have we got former international Luiz in our ranks we now have former international Buendia who wasn’t in the Argentina squad for this . If he had been playing I expect we would have heard about it tonight.

Lost a few of our international contingent that were getting picked earlier in the season since SG came in. Big season next season for everyone.

Didn’t realise it was the finalissima tonight. Argentina winning 2 nil v Italy. I see that not only have we got former international Luiz in our ranks we now have former international Buendia who wasn’t in the Argentina squad for this . If he had been playing I expect we would have heard about it tonight.

Lost a few of our international contingent that were getting picked earlier in the season since SG came in. Big season next season for everyone.

If you told me he was sold for a loss next year or he was our player of the season, neither would surprise me. The former seems more likely as I can't see him fitting in the team unless we switch our system to 4-2-3-1 and push Ramsey into one of the 3 players behind the CF. In a front 3, I don't see him nailing down a starting place when one of the other positions is filled by Coutinho.

Emi has to cut out losing the ball as often as he does, he needs to do more in the final 3rd and there is an argument his teammates need to make more of the chances he creates. I like Emi because he isn't a passenger and I wouldn't label Coutinho as such either because offers so much that even if he doesn't do much in defense he overwhelmingly makes us stronger in attack and in possession.

Emi is a bit like rat face, plays with passion and tries to make things happen which inevitably leads to losing the ball a lot. That undermines a possession-based team. I wouldn't want to coach too much out of him but I would want to focus on only making risky passes in the final 3rd and doing better in control and possession in the middle 3rd. That kills us in transition which Luis was terrible at preventing unless he fouled his man. Emi will be out the door if he doesnt fix that aspect of his game.

A bit harsh on a player who took time to settle, yet when he did he was arguably our best player (when allowed on the pitch).
In a team full of individuals making mistakes trying to adapt to a system contradictory to what had gone before (and for which they were bought) I wouldn't be focusing on Buendia's mistakes especially (as was the case) plenty of mistakes were being made by SG and his coaching team.
If they're prepared to make allowances for Phil (BTW I like Phil), then they should also be making allowances for Emi and to try and fashion a team that makes use of both their strengths instead of sacrificing one (that's assuming they have the capability to do so).

A bit harsh on a player who took time to settle, yet when he did he was arguably our best player (when allowed on the pitch).
In a team full of individuals making mistakes trying to adapt to a system contradictory to what had gone before (and for which they were bought) I wouldn't be focusing on Buendia's mistakes especially (as was the case) plenty of mistakes were being made by SG and his coaching team.
If they're prepared to make allowances for Phil (BTW I like Phil), then they should also be making allowances for Emi and to try and fashion a team that makes use of both their strengths instead of sacrificing one (that's assuming they have the capability to do so).

It was a wind up mate from Melon to all the people who said Buendia was the second coming this time last season

It was a wind up mate from Melon to all the people who said Buendia was the second coming this time last season

No not really. Main point was that we started the season with quite a few in and around their international set up and ended with considerably less. That hasn’t been the manager improving players which is a worry.