The Emi Buendia Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Emi Buendia Thread

Considering how much he was getting praised I thought we were getting an Argentine first team player and if he is not even in the 28 man squad, then that is a bit worrying. However, the best way to judge if he is money well spent will be once the season starts and how we performs. That is when I will be truly excited.

He changed allegiance so he hasn't got the youth history. He's had to work for it, much the way Jack has having represented the Republic for so many years. They are giving him a taste and looking at him properly, he hasn't been capped yet, he won't be a strict regular for at least another 12/24 months owing to the clubs he's played for, and with respect to Norwich, that's a relegation season in the PL.

If the stories suggesting Messi talked to him about changing allegiance are right, even with Messi's name, the Argentine FA would want more than 1 yr (12 months ago) at top flight level under his name. Messi might have the sway to get him looked at after a year in the PL, but nothing more - least not the similar position area.

If he hits the ground running with us, he has a chance of a handful of appearances plus a shot at the next tournament squad.

I don't think Buendia is shit but I certainly think comparing him with Jack is a bit OTT you wouldn't get Jack for 100m never mind 30m.
Surely if he as good as jack he would at least make the Argentine squad

He’s got Messi and De Maria in front of him on the right, Be a bit embarrassing for a player to come in from the Championship can take De Maria’s place, I’m sure he’ll be there next time and he has a point to prove with us, so I think we’re going to benefit from a hungry Buendia, knowing he needs to do more and prove he’s good enough at top level.

He’s got Messi and De Maria in front of him on the right, Be a bit embarrassing for a player to come in from the Championship can take De Maria’s place, I’m sure he’ll be there next time and he has a point to prove with us, so I think we’re going to benefit from a hungry Buendia, knowing he needs to do more and prove he’s good enough at top level.

Yup, as per my post. He's now being given a taste because Norwich were re-promoted. He has the chance to step up now and the next squad of (whatever tournament is next for them) will be his aim). Not a starter for the next one but a definite option off the bench to turn a game or gain greater experience if the game is comfortable.

He's no Messi replacement, but Di Maria (ex Man U) is actually older I think (I wait to be corrected) so Buendia should be looking to replace him moving forward at tournaments.

Sleep easy lads and ladesses , All that matters at the end of the day is he has a fantastic montage of goals and assists on YouTube from last season.

And if it did go pearshaped its not like any of us are losing our houses or getting divorced.

(caveat : this is all a bit Joey Gudjohnson in terms of height)

[QUOTE

He's no Messi replacement, but Di Maria (ex Man U) is actually older I think (I wait to be corrected) so Buendia should be looking to replace him moving forward at tournaments.[/QUOTE]

Both 33 mate but there are 26 others in the squad nobody can name without googling them.
I agree he's been given a taster but we are talking him up as the second coming here so he should be in a squad of 28 if he was that good.

Sleep easy lads and ladesses , All that matters at the end of the day is he has a fantastic montage of goals and assists on YouTube from last season.

And if it did go pearshaped its not like any of us are losing our houses or getting divorced.

(caveat : this is all a bit Joey Gudjohnson in terms of height)

I'm clinging to the fact I was eventually right on Targett and Konsa! (don't mention those I was wrong on!)

But Joey - jesus the only thing I remember about him is that fabulous red card lol

[QUOTE

He's no Messi replacement, but Di Maria (ex Man U) is actually older I think (I wait to be corrected) so Buendia should be looking to replace him moving forward at tournaments.

Both 33 mate but there are 26 others in the squad nobody can name without googling them.
I agree he's been given a taster but we are talking him up as the second coming here so he should be in a squad of 28 if he was that good.[/QUOTE]

I've seen enough to be very happy mate, his age, change of allegiance and those two in front, the international angle doesn't worry me. If he performs for us as I think he will, he'll replace Di Maria - he just needs more proper top flight experience for them to make the call.

I totally get V57 points being made. We need to carefully manage expectations here

He needs to settle absolutely. But I'm more excited by this than Barkley for example. But he's not going to be a world beater overnight, he needs to adjust and in many ways, he'll have to get used to playing second fiddle as well as Norwich looked to go through him, like we do Jack. So he needs to learn to be where Jack wants him really and that'll take more than pre season.

He needs to settle absolutely. But I'm more excited by this than Barkley for example. But he's not going to be a world beater overnight, he needs to adjust and in many ways, he'll have to get used to playing second fiddle as well as Norwich looked to go through him, like we do Jack. So he needs to learn to be where Jack wants him really and that'll take more than pre season.
Exactly. He also needs to adjust to life with Bertrand Traore as a team member. I'm hoping second half of the season we will see him starting to settle in.

He'll never adjust to Traore mate - he doesn't know what he's about to do himself, nobody else has a chance in hell.
Haha I know mate , I threw him in as an example but it's relevant. Good thing is he is UK adjusted already , he has tasted the premier before , now he just needs to bed into Life with us and the system we play (?) which may adjust now anyway ?

I’ll stick by what I said 12 months ago (I’m sure everyone remembers it!). He’s very talented, very tough for his size. On good days he’s very very good. On bad days he gets very very angry. Temperamental little bugger. But, I doubt we will ever accuse him of disappearing in games.

I’ll stick by what I said 12 months ago (I’m sure everyone remembers it!). He’s very talented, very tough for his size. On good days he’s very very good. On bad days he gets very very angry. Temperamental little bugger. But, I doubt we will ever accuse him of disappearing in games.

I'll always take angry and temperamental over the likes of the fannies that got us relegated.