The Earth from Saturn | Vital Football

The Earth from Saturn

Nimmo

Vital Football Legend
Here are a couple of great pictures taken by the Cassini probe as it circles around Saturn.

Attachments

• Here-s-Earth-Seen-from-Saturn-This-Weekend-Gallery-370272-2.jpg
    Here-s-Earth-Seen-from-Saturn-This-Weekend-Gallery-370272-2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Here-s-Earth-Seen-from-Saturn-This-Weekend-Gallery-370272-3.jpg
    Here-s-Earth-Seen-from-Saturn-This-Weekend-Gallery-370272-3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
Surely you feel a sense of awe when thinking that is where you are right now flying through space at nearly 70,000 miles per hour as seen from 900 million miles away, right?

And don't you think that the second picture is really cool, because you can see the Earth and Moon?

Nimmo - 23/7/2013 12:10

Surely you feel a sense of awe when thinking that is where you are right now flying through space at nearly 70,000 miles per hour as seen from 900 million miles away, right?

I suppose.

Nimmo - 23/7/2013 12:10
And don't you think that the second picture is really cool, because you can see the Earth and Moon?

I thought there was a speck of dust on my monitor.

That is an amazingpicture Nimmo thanks, puts things into perspective doesn't it, we really are a needle in a hay stack.

Yes, and that is from within our solar system from one of our closest neighbours.

It's crazy to think that our Sun looks like that from the edge of our own solar system (the hypothesised Oort Cloud).

Then think how small our solar system is within the Milky Way.....and how small the Milky Way is in comparison to the 'known' universe.

Add to this the erectile dysfunction problems and it makes you feel rather insignificant :17:

Yes they put things into real perspective your pictures.

They reminded me of a painting my friend has on their wall: It is simple a red picture with a white dot near the edge. The picture is called the importance of being insignificant