The Eagles | Vital Football

The Eagles

bfcpete

Vital Football Hero
First post retirement event. The wife and I are in Leeds for tbe Eagles concert later tonight

They were absolutely class. They had no support band. Played for 2 hours 40 minutes without a break. Deacon Frey replaced his father Glenn and they also brought in Vince Gill for extra vocals and guitar. Some superb guitar playing, often with 6 guitarists all playing together. Never been to the First Direct Arena in Leeds before and we thought it was the best indoor venue we have been to, with a capacity 14000 audience and we were on the upper tier almost directly in fro t if tbe stage. Great start to the semi-retirement :thumbup:

That age range sounds about right. I'm 55 now and when I was listening to the Sex Pistols as a teen in 1977, then people aged 3-4 years older than me would have listened to The Eagles in 1974.
Some things don't change do they?

Ah, the Sex Pistols. The cousin of a mate at university worked on the door of the 100 club in Oxford St in London. In 1976 he got us into a gig there, which featured the Pistols, Souixsie and the Banshees and the Clash. Music was brilliant but, christ, most of the audience were like fanatical zombies. Saw a great range of acts and music in the the 70s and 80s. As well as those above - the Animals, the Stranglers, Quo, Queen, SBQ, Lena Lovich, the Police, Simon and Garfunkel, Genesis, Lindisfarne, Blondie, Kraftwerk, Mungo Gerry, Gerry Rafferty, Kate Bush, Mike and the Mechanics, ELO and many more. Steve Hackett from Genesis is on tour this year and am going to see him at Sheffield City Hall as he is reprising some of the Selling England by the Pound music. It will probably make me feel old!

Last edited:
WOW! You went to a gig at the 100 Club with the Pistols! You are forever my hero....that would have been a dream come true for me!
I got to see most of the punk/new wave bands during my time (Clash, Stranglers, Jam, Cure, Public Image etc etc etc but never saw the Pistols - not even their 'reunion' gigs. Saw Blondie, The Saints and the Stranglers in 2012 in Townsville North Queensland and they still had it!

BTW, the 100 Club punk festival you saw was on 20th September 1976 and featured John Simon Ritchie (Sid Vicious) on drums for Siouxsie and the Banshees. This was their first ever gig and they didn't even have a name!