The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 108 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Richard Dunne and James Collins are two of my hated ever Villa players. Signed on big money contracts far more than they were ever worth they started the culture of players thinking they were bigger than the club that eventually led to us going down and nearly ceasing to exist. I'd take Tyrone Mings on his worst day than either of those 2 wankers on they're best. Fuck Richard Dunne and Fuck James Collins.

Richard Dunne and James Collins are two of my hated ever Villa players. Signed on big money contracts far more than they were ever worth they started the culture of players thinking they were bigger than the club that eventually led to us going down and nearly ceasing to exist. I'd take Tyrone Mings on his worst day than either of those 2 wankers on they're best. Fuck Richard Dunne and Fuck James Collins.
I first read that as Richard Dunne and JOAN Collins!!! 😳 she's getting on a bit now for that sort of threesome :halo:

I first read that as Richard Dunne and JOAN Collins!!! 😳 she's getting on a bit now for that sort of threesome :halo:

Well as far as I'm aware Joan Collins as never gotten pissed up and launched a load of abuse at Gordon Cowans unlike the other 2 mentioned. I suppose she might have done of course but I've not heard anything of it.

Well as far as I'm aware Joan Collins as never gotten pissed up and launched a load of abuse at Gordon Cowans unlike the other 2 mentioned. I suppose she might have done of course but I've not heard anything of it.
She did like a Cinzano or two, mainly spilt down her by Leonard Rossiter

I'm not a fan of Mings and think he should be third choice CB currently, but I can't begin to put him in that same category of useless and toxic as Dunne and Collins.

Smith has made a rod for his own back by dropping Mings. If we'd won, Smith might have a chance but losing 4-1 and having to bring Mings off the bench anyway makes Smith look like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Agree. I think Mings should have been dropped a long time ago but I'm not the manger who made him captain. Your captain is your link to the players and Smith has now put that relationship in jeopardy. His explanation for dropping Mings I believe was that West Ham were good at set pieces? Amateur stuff. It's just not good management at all he has undermined his own authority and his relationship with his captain.

Agree. I think Mings should have been dropped a long time ago but I'm not the manger who made him captain. Your captain is your link to the players and Smith has now put that relationship in jeopardy. His explanation for dropping Mings I believe was that West Ham were good at set pieces? Amateur stuff. It's just not good management at all he has undermined his own authority and his relationship with his captain.

Well most people seemed to think Mings should have been made captain last season instead of Jack, so not sure this is something else we shuold be beating Deano about

I'm not a fan of Mings and think he should be third choice CB currently, but I can't begin to put him in that same category of useless and toxic as Dunne and Collins.
I wouldn't say they were useless players at all, they contributed to a side that was competing for Europe. It obviously helps that MON was a negative or at least 'old school' manager in terms of tactics but to call them both useless is OTT IMO.

Mings fannies about before launching it , so that makes him the modern CB:lol:
Agreed, he's not that good on the ball. He dithers in possession and has a heavy touch which has been exposed numerous times, his distribution isn't all that either, he often launches the ball in a such a way that it would be just as effective for it to go directly into the stands instead.

I wouldn't say they were useless players at all, they contributed to a side that was competing for Europe. It obviously helps that MON was a negative or at least 'old school' manager in terms of tactics but to call them both useless is OTT IMO.

Yes, they were a solid partnership for the first couple of seasons under MON. It all went wrong with them when Houllier came in - think he was a bit more of a disciplinarian about lifestyle off the pitch and the training. Being a couple of piss heads they were obviously not too keen on the new regime

Don't get the Mings hate. Probably the most consistently influential player we've had since he arrived. Dead ringer for captain. He might say things which upset other players on occasions, but somebody should. It would be a sad, and indeed ludicrous, day for the club if he was pushed out because somebody thinks Hause is better. Hause is several levels lower.

A valid point and my dislike of them towards the end may have clouded my judgement a little, although I still stand behind my point in not seeing Mings in the same (ultimately, bad) light as them.

I thought Nakamba did ok in an unspectacular way. Nicked the ball, put in tackles and ran around a bit. If he could pass consistently he’d be ok as a squad player but he isn’t a first choice regular.