The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Just about to share that myself, at least he’s getting some game time even if it’s the under 23’s, that red card will be overturned surely.

After only 13 minutes as well!!

To make it worse he was originally given a yellow but VAR went back and gave him a red. He was the last man but the striker was heading into the corner and there's the fact that he never actually touched the bloke.

Last edited:
After only 13 minutes as well!!

To make it worse he was originally given a yellow but VAR went back and gave him a red. He was the last man but the striker was heading into the corner and there's the fact that he never actually touched the bloke.

i didn’t even check the time that’s bloody embarrassing, Olympics should the place where you can’t get away with cheating and slight rule adjustments. I.e bring him back on at half time after they’ve made a massive error.

If the Olympics isn't the pinnacle of your sport then it shouldn't be in the games.

Tennis, golf, football shouldn't be there .
Professional sports shouldn't be in it if they are not the best in the world, I fully agree. Footballers are u23's I believe. Dougie would be better advised to focus on keeping his Villa place

Professional sports shouldn't be in it if they are not the best in the world, I fully agree. Footballers are u23's I believe. Dougie would be better advised to focus on keeping his Villa place

I wonder how many of these players would still be bothered about the Olympics if they had their pay frozen from their clubs whilst not being able to perform club duties.

I wonder how many of these players would still be bothered about the Olympics if they had their pay frozen from their clubs whilst not being able to perform club duties.

I wonder if the Brazilian Olympic people are paying his wages whilst he's not available to train with his Villa Teammates and no doubt he'll be given a couple of weeks holiday when he's finished. Followed by another few weeks getting him match ready .
I doubt we'll see him until end of September

Think it's for the initial arm across the guy after the poor pass but it's a yellow maximum, the guy went down in instalments

Yep just shows the Olympics is still run by amateurs, he may as well come back to England now and leave this joke competition
Yep pathetic standard, do not understand the point and why any nation bothers. Will be heavily disrupting Luiz' preseason as well, he already played one international tournament this summer, would be nice for him to have a rest.

Dodgy red card aside it's Luiz woeful pass that leads to the incident which again highlights why he's a problem in the DM role. This is the Olympics FFS and he's inadequate never mind the EPL.

Dodgy red card aside it's Luiz woeful pass that leads to the incident which again highlights why he's a problem in the DM role. This is the Olympics FFS and he's inadequate never mind the EPL.
We don't use him as a DM. He's a double pivot with McGinn. 2 x #8s