The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Like virtually every other player in our squad he had a good start but a mostly poor second half of the season. He knows he has to bounce back though. I'm glad he's going nowhere and Smith obviously has a lot of faith in him.

In all seriousness maybe the uncertainty on his future has been hanging over his head like a cloud and affecting his performances.

There are probably a million and one things for him to have been thinking about. Would I get in the squad if I go back to City? Would they recall me just to sell me? I'm happy where I am I don't want to move, I will need to find a new house, I won't know anybody.

As others have said, we have to remember he's 22 years old. The uncertainty over his future probably has had an impact on him psychological and thus on his performance.

Doug has been picked for the Brazilian Olympic squad. So that's 2 tournaments he's playing in. Definitely missing most if not all if pre season.

So do we like this post or not JW?

Well I like that we have a Brazilian international at Villa and the boost he will get from potentially coming back with a Copa America and/or Olympic medal. I don't like the missing pre season bit. Bit of both really.

Well I like that we have a Brazilian international at Villa and the boost he will get from potentially coming back with a Copa America and/or Olympic medal. I don't like the missing pre season bit. Bit of both really.
PICK A SIDE.

He was a liability at times. I think Nakamba stepping in those last 2 games highlighted how poor a DM Luiz is .
And in Nakambas 6 starts , 5 wins 1 draw . Says it all really

Those stats aren’t right Marvelous started away to Sheffield utd and we lost that one. He was dog shit from memory too

Mad how Davis became more and more essential every game he was on the bench and Luiz got worse and worse when he was on the bench.

Mad how Davis became more and more essential every game he was on the bench and Luiz got worse and worse when he was on the bench.
Ah yes, that's because Keinan is one of our own (not really, but people like to say he is).....