The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

He is off it a bit.....what was that shot cross thingy last night?
But I think our Covid outbreak has affected us generally.
What with two international breaks and Covid we have had a stop start season.

If we can have a run of games I think we will click.
We are playing great at times and getting results generally but it is with some players misfiring. If they all get in a rhythm we will be dynamite.

West Ham fans think Declan Rice is better, the only thing better about rice is when you have it with curry

Rice is a lumbering carthorse compared to Doug. He's getting a lot of attention purely because the Laaandan media twats think every West Ham academy graduate is the new Bobby Moore who whoever. He's never impressed me for England and when he eventually gets his big move to wherever he'll be exposed.

He is off it a bit.....what was that shot cross thingy last night?
But I think our Covid outbreak has affected us generally.
What with two international breaks and Covid we have had a stop start season.

If we can have a run of games I think we will click.
We are playing great at times and getting results generally but it is with some players misfiring. If they all get in a rhythm we will be dynamite.

He had a hand in our goal with a cross-field ball, yes he makes mistakes they all did yesterday but the worst thing he did was make Danny Ings look like Jack Grealish just before the non-penalty incident:LOL:

Rice is a lumbering carthorse compared to Doug. He's getting a lot of attention purely because the Laaandan media twats think every West Ham academy graduate is the new Bobby Moore who whoever. He's never impressed me for England and when he eventually gets his big move to wherever he'll be exposed.

There was an Instagram post the other day about Rice wanting to join Villa on loan back in 2018, I only replied he's no Douglas Luiz and bang up they went. My exact words were he's a cart-horse compared to Dougie. Blimey, you'd have thought I'd called their mother a whore.

Rice is a decent player, but I think us Villa fans me included struggle with the fact he’s talked about as a top class player whereas the reality is he’s a slightly better Scott Parker.

Luiz is a bit off lately, he seemed to really, really enjoy playing when there was less intensity during lockdown and no fans.

I do love the guy, I just want to see him try and influence the pace of the game a bit more and slow it down when we’re up against it. He doesn’t go hiding but he just seems to lose his influence in certain games, he wasn’t picking up the ball from the defence as much as he does sometimes yesterday, yet we needed him to be an option.

I’m not convinced he’s actually better playing higher up as his lack of physical presence is a bit more visible, I’m quite happy with him controlling the danger zone between midfield and defence.

I think he's learnt a lot over the last year and got physically up to speed. He's also learnt that British footballers don't have his natural skills (Jack excepted) so has toned down his flicks and dummies and fancy stuff that our players don't expect him to do.
I expect he plays far differently for Brazil

I watched his last 2 games for Brazil and he barely did anything. He seems to keep it far more simple for them

I wouldn’t say he’s been dogshit all season, he has definitely been off form recently to the point he is anonymous on the pitch. In the games where we have played well and won, for me he is one of better players on the pitch even if he is a bit less noticeable than the others who get more on the scoresheet or an assist.

But when we play badly, he goes completely AWOL and has no influence on the game nor does he break up an attack in the way a Gareth Barry would.

I’m one of his Luiz’ biggest fans because I can see a champions league player in him one day, but he has been disappointing lately.

The cynic in me suspects he’ll start to play better now that the next transfer window is upcoming.

Last edited:
Luiz is a bit out of form just like everyone from midfield on. I just think he needs some help but simply isn't getting any. Currently, he looks up the pitch and sees El-Ghazi, Trez, McGinn, and Barkley or Bert. What you going to do?

He was good earlier this season, very few would have been calling for him to be dropped. However since our enforced covid break he has been absolute gash, although most of our midfield has.

To be honest i wouldn't lose any sleep if he moved on

You would dispense with Luiz but are obsessed with starting Keinan. Hilarious.
Is there a permanent full moon where you live ?

Yes. We have outgrown a Brazilian international midfielder who was improving until like the whole team has hit a big blip.

Ridiculous knee jerk post in my humble.

You would dispense with Luiz but are obsessed with starting Keinan. Hilarious.
Is there a permanent full moon where you live ?

Yes. We have outgrown a Brazilian international midfielder who was improving until like the whole team has hit a big blip.

Ridiculous knee jerk post in my humble.
Knee jerk? He's been poor all season . Gone backwards

He has hardly had a bad season. I felt post lockdown last season he emerged as one of the best in the league in his position. He hasn't hit that form this season but has still been a good player for us overall.

Luiz really is the least of our problems. I'm sure some fans wouldn't lose any sleep if he left but these are generally the same people who would have Hourihane starting.