The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

This lad is a baller, again last night he was immense and seems to know when to hold and when to push forward.

An absolutely huge part of our form and added a bit of defensive solidity to midfield.

I think you can see why Pep likes him too the lad knows when to do tactical fouls. Something which many mentioned during the season we werent cute enough with.

One of the best midfielders seen at VP for many a year, the transformation post restart has been unbelievable and I also thought McGinn played superbly well in front of him & CH.

I think that's because some Arenal ex-player has said they should buy him. The arrogance of these people is beyond belief. The fact that City are the only ones who can buy him is being totally overlooked. That only applies to the next two transfer windows. Then he's ours and not for sale at any price I'd say. If we stay up

Just shows the levels of incompetence and laziness of some sports writers.

If we're still in the PL, then I suspect if necessary we can just pay Man C a bit more and keep him. May not even come to that; whatever terms we've got him on have to be better than if he was a loan signing.

Arsenal? No chance. But I reckon Wes and Nassef ought to put in a bid for Aubameyang .

Also worth mentioning is that just because city can activate a buy back doesnt mean the player has no choice, he may decide that being first choice here for another season or two might better serve his own development. Stranger things have happened

If we're still in the PL, then I suspect if necessary we can just pay Man C a bit more and keep him. May not even come to that; whatever terms we've got him on have to be better than if he was a loan signing.

Arsenal? No chance. But I reckon Wes and Nassef ought to put in a bid for Aubameyang .

Nope, it's contracted. Whatever the deal is, is concrete - if we stay up there may be a 'retain status' clause but nothing more mate.

Also worth mentioning is that just because city can activate a buy back doesnt mean the player has no choice, he may decide that being first choice here for another season or two might better serve his own development. Stranger things have happened

Yup, that's the one truth in it all - whatever either side has when it comes to power and force here - the player gets the choice. No player can be forced into a move they don't want.

Nope, it's contracted. Whatever the deal is, is concrete - if we stay up there may be a 'retain status' clause but nothing more mate.

He's too old. If they wanted to show real ambition they'd bid for Rashford or Martial. Mind you if we're looking at Arsenal players Guenduezi, sure I've butchered his name there is apparently not liked by Arteta and will be off when the windows open. I've liked him whenever I've seen him, lots of energy and puts himself about despite not being the biggest.

He's too old. If they wanted to show real ambition they'd bid for Rashford or Martial. Mind you if we're looking at Arsenal players Guenduezi, sure I've butchered his name there is apparently not liked by Arteta and will be off when the windows open. I've liked him whenever I've seen him, lots of energy and puts himself about despite not being the biggest.

Ha, I was on about Luiz not Aubaameyyang or whatever his name is lol I'm not even attempting the other one! lol

Everyone calm. The reason he joined us remains the reason he wont go yet....work permit. He's not on a high enough wage in comparison to city's squad to gain the points needed to negate the lack of full caps. That's how I understood it last summer.

Everyone calm. The reason he joined us remains the reason he wont go yet....work permit. He's not on a high enough wage in comparison to city's squad to gain the points needed to negate the lack of full caps. That's how I understood it last summer.

Hmm, I might be talking optimistic rubbish here. The higher transfer fee and percentage of games played last season might well prove enough. Damn fine player off for a relative pittance and yet more disruption caused through ill thought out transfers.

Pep's already said they'll make the decision next summer, today's rehashes in the newsfeeds were sparked from a foreign report rehashing themselves lol

Sounds like somebody at the Mail has come up with the idea that Cit£ flopped on Saturday, had to use a midfielder in defence and, instead of buying the decent centre backs they need, are going to sort the problem out by shoring up their woefully weak midfield. Or perhaps they’re just trying to wind us up.
I hope they’re wrong.

Nobody knows the terms of the buy-back clause. As far as I can see it is probably one of:

(1) Up to next summer, if City want him back they can just say here's £25m and take him back
(2) If we decide to sell him they have first refusal.