The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 80 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

For me, he gets unfairly criticised. Give the guy a season in his actual position with skilled players around him and see how he gets on. We'll see a completely different Luiz! None of this shite stick him in DM with 0 help having to cover the whole width of the pitch.

For me, he gets unfairly criticised. Give the guy a season in his actual position with skilled players around him and see how he gets on. We'll see a completely different Luiz! None of this shite stick him in DM with 0 help having to cover the whole width of the pitch.

Let's put it this way I could list 6 Villa players who would be going before Douglas we need 6 midfield players excluding kids to compete with each other. With 5 subs this season we can accommodate that many
There are the ElGhazi and Trez's of the world to sell first, not going to be selling players who have played over 30 games this season before we get rid of the benchwarmers and loaned out players.
Hopefully, there will be several players who have played 30+ games this season on our bench next season as backup to the new signings, and if the new signing turn out as crap as last seasons we still have this lot to fall back on

Think it is a shame and ultimately a bad decision but looking like it's inevitable now that he is offski.

Edit : of course that's on the basis it's the clubs/manager decision . Could be he himself wants to move .

Last edited:
It's a decision we have little control over. Leaving us for a club like AC Milan is absolutely a no brainer for any ambitious player, this is the nature of football.

Luiz for what it's worth has been a good player for us, if we keep him I'd be happy but looks to me that the writing is on the wall given the interest and contract situation.

It's a decision we have little control over. Leaving us for a club like AC Milan is absolutely a no brainer for any ambitious player, this is the nature of football.

Luiz for what it's worth has been a good player for us, if we keep him I'd be happy but looks to me that the writing is on the wall given the interest and contract situation.

Yes. If true signing for the current Serie A champions and champions league next season is a big draw for someone who will have World Cup squad ambitions. Some might think we are going places but we are miles off and Luiz will be upgrading big time..

(Not good enough for us though.:shrug:)

With only 12 months left on his contract I wouldnt think we are in a strong enough position to be demanding sell on fee's.
He's been decent for us, but I do think he will probably suit the pace of the game in Italy or Spain more than the PL.
I was thinking more in the way of fee negotiation- slightly smaller fee,depending on what they're prepared to offer, with the cushion of a sell on clause to cover any difference in the clubs valuation

It's a strange one, I like him and he's a good player, and he's getting a great move (if true) but I'm not really that bothered either. I won't lose any sleep over it.

More importantly what happens with his Mrs with the big arse? Will she leave Villa too?

If the Milan rumours are true then he probably will be off. They are one of the few clubs who I could begrudgingly say are bigger than us. As much as most think the Premier league is the be all and end all most South American players don't dream of playing in England but of Spain and Italy so joining the Italian champions would be a big move for any Brazilian.

If the Milan rumours are true then he probably will be off. They are one of the few clubs who I could begrudgingly say are bigger than us. As much as most think the Premier league is the be all and end all most South American players don't dream of playing in England but of Spain and Italy so joining the Italian champions would be a big move for any Brazilian.

Yes . As evidenced in some posts above. There is an arrogance about the Premier league , the standard, speed etc. The speed is a particular myth now . Back before we had a majority of foreign players here , yes. But that is eroded now and we currently sit in a 64% , 36% in favour of foreign players. Add to that the foreign managers who out number the home grown this myth of the quick English game is well gone. We watch our teams passing it across the back 4 and midfield to death now. Anyone watched England lately? It's hardly quick.
Dougie is no less suited to the speed than anyone else. Him being too slow is just a cliche like no football brain. No evidence to say he is too slow. Not sure a player 'too slow' plays over 100 games in the league by the time they are 24 .

Last edited: