The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Like many he has a big season ahead, now we are getting more competition for spaces he won't be a guaranteed starter (he'd lost his place anyway last couple of games to Nakamba who looks the better DM)

There's only one person who needs to wise up.

Your argument that just because a player isn't deemed good enough by the manager of one of the top 4 clubs in Europe means he isn't good enough for a lower level Premier league club is ludicrous.

Does that also mean Jack isn't good enough because barca, real Madrid and psg aren't banging down the door trying to sign him?

If you think Luiz is crap, fine, no problem, but please find a better argument. One that makes the tiniest bit of logical sense.

our manager dropped him, results improved, i'm not "arguing" just dealing in facts not BS. Luiz as a DM is a liability , proven. In big games, cost us, games that were in the balance , liability . Wise up man ;)

Last edited:
And yet our best results and performances of the season were with him at DM.

Hmmmm.

Our best results were with Nakamba actually, He’s not a DM, I get Shills point, Luiz at 25-30m buyback would be a good backup if he’s as good as expected to be, for me he went backwards, you gave me a choice between him or Prowse or Anguissa it’d the latter two all day long.

If we were playing a 4,3,3 with a proper DM in the team I’d like him in that 3.

Attachments

• 7C7EE52A-2799-4CD9-BB5E-16C624F36795.jpeg
    7C7EE52A-2799-4CD9-BB5E-16C624F36795.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 3
And yet our best results and performances of the season were with him at DM.

Hmmmm.
Don't let facts gets in the way of a good story.
I di like Marv I liked him when everyone was slagging him but Dougie is simply a better all-round footballer

It comes back to whether he’s a genuine DM. The best Brazilian DM I can recall was Dunga and Luiz doesn’t fit that mould for me. I think Luiz is better suited to a more forward role.

Our best results were with Nakamba actually, He’s not a DM, I get Shills point, Luiz at 25-30m buyback would be a good backup if he’s as good as expected to be, for me he went backwards, you gave me a choice between him or Prowse or Anguissa it’d the latter two all day long.

If we were playing a 4,3,3 with a proper DM in the team I’d like him in that 3.
Notice you didn't mention performances. The 7-2 against Poo and the 3-0 against Arse (I'm 40 years old) and the performances at that front end of the season were by far and away our best and all with Douggie on the pitch.

It comes back to whether he’s a genuine DM. The best Brazilian DM I can recall was Dunga and Luiz doesn’t fit that mould for me. I think Luiz is better suited to a more forward role.
I prefer to compare him to Thiago Alcântara and other players from this millennium.

maybe he's part of the deal for Jack and hence why City have declined to take him -
still I'm all of a buzz with the Will Hughes links

Notice you didn't mention performances. The 7-2 against Poo and the 3-0 against Arse (I'm 40 years old) and the performances at that front end of the season were by far and away our best and all with Douggie on the pitch.

Totally get that, the whole team were immense, everyone closed down, even Trezeguet looked world class, an not for one minute am I saying Douglas is a bad player, in fact time and time again I’ve said he’s got the potential to be world class, one of the best in Europe, but he isn’t a DM, there wasn’t many moments where I thought thank fuck for Luiz because Mings really messed up there, when I remember Nakamba doing exactly that.

I’d play him next to a DM so he could get forward that’s where I see him.