The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Those stats aren’t right Marvelous started away to Sheffield utd and we lost that one. He was dog shit from memory too
It should be played close to 90 mins not starts. 13 appearances 6 games 89-90 mins 5 wins 1 draw. 68 66 63 mins in losses to Sheffield Liverpool( was 1-1 when he went off) Man City. Rest of appearances incidental minutes

I can see the Olympics being cancelled again. It’s as popular as toothache in Japan.
Despite the majority of people not wanting it to go ahead the latest news yesterday was they were going to allow a limited number of spectators into the stadiums to watch once it starts. Barmy.

Only just turned 23… he’s a decent player I do agree though he didn’t progress this season compared to during “project restart”. Nakamba I think is overrated on here although again I do agree that ball winning midfield role is so important

Starting for Brazil tonight in their final Copa America group game. They've already qualified and Ecuador are bottom so bit of a free hit, but still nice for him to get some minutes.
He got subbed at 63rd minute, wonder how he did, Stats wise seems Ecuador got the better of the Brazilians a little time left at 1-1

Luiz is going to miss most of pre season if not all, and he’ll miss the start of the season too, where do we stand with him ?

Definitely replaceable going by last season, he did well to start with but largely ineffective over the whole period and McGinn doesn’t seem to enjoy partnering him, and plays much better with Nakamba.

I don’t think Luiz is a DM at all, an we really do need one, I don’t see where else he fits in a 4,2,3,1, he’d do well in a 4,3,3 given some freedom to get forward to impact the game.

He really needs to push on and hopefully the international games will give him a new lease of life and believes in himself that he is a great player capable of changing the game.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts on the lad ? I think he needs a full pre season tbh.

It's unfortunate, but don't forget this isn't the 90's where players take a holiday and put on 5 stone. He'll return there or there abouts (with added confidence given the international involvement). He's better adjusted now anyway, so a full pre-season isn't really going to effect much here in my mind.

It's unfortunate, but don't forget this isn't the 90's where players take a holiday and put on 5 stone. He'll return there or there abouts (with added confidence given the international involvement). He's better adjusted now anyway, so a full pre-season isn't really going to effect much here in my mind.

I think last season he went backwards and was the reason McGinn was largely ineffective, as soon as Nakamba was in the side McGinn trusted him and he then pushed forward and started creating.

I’d like Luiz to get back and build that partnership up, we rarely saw triangles through the middle, we apparently have a 90m partnership that for large parts looked our weakest link in the team.

That’s all I’m hoping for, he comes back a better version with more confidence, no red cards and no giving away pens either.

Disagree mate, he improved and then dipped along with everyone dipping in 2021.

I have few concerns at all about him and I don't buy that McGinn line as he began improving as everyone else did again.

Be the most stupid of stupid decisions to get rid of Luiz. A quality player who has a big future despite a dip in form for a period last season.
100% agree , BUT , he needs to up his game this season big time. Cut out the silly fouls and pens that cost us, contribute more. Honestly think he's out of position as DM, his best moments are higher up the pitch.