The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Ridiculous really, but would certainly explain the buy and buy back rumours because then from a WP aspect Man City could now tick the boxes in 12 months in a way that a loan couldn't.

Great signing . It's a win win. He does well , we do well, Ci£y pay us big money, Jesus Garcia gets another gem in. Moneyball

Yup, I don't believe (unlike loans) that any buy deal, even with a buy back, could dictate he wouldn't play against them. It could be a gentleman's agreement but it wouldn't have any official backing.

Very excited about this guy, even if I haven't seen much of him. The fact that Man City rate him is enough for me right now!

Also, with the buy back clause, if he's good enough for them to want him back, the fee would surely have to be big? If transfer fee is part of what helps get a work permit, surely they would have to pay a lot to have him again? Otherwise, their work permit request would fail after buying him back from us? Just because he gets a permit playing for us, surely doesnt guarantee he would get one returning to city. That is a question, not a statement!

I was under the impression that Citeh wouldn't get him a work permit because he was unlikely to play enough games for them where as he's almost guaranteed to start for us.

Just watched a highlights video of him on the tube. He is two footed. It probably shouldn't be a surprise that a footballer can kick with either foot but it did.

It's a bit disappointing that he can't speak English though. Hasn't he been signed to Citeh for two years?

I really wouldn't get hung up on this buy back clause. It is what it is.

If we could take Messi on loan for 6 months would you refuse because he would be going back to Barcelona?

Similar principle.

Is there any concrete proof that there a buyback clause

No nothing from either club, just the twitter brigade and the clickbaitmail stirring shite.
City have done it with one player so they'll obviously do it with all players, they have a £35m pound buy-back clause with Delph as well so I've been told by my Everton mate who went to a game once at Goodison

Not that I've seen or heard OVB.
He's contracted to AVFC, I'm sure that our very rich owners have not had their pants pulled down by Cit£h's very rich owners, we keep forgetting that we are playing in the big leagues now - 3rd richest owners in the PL. So whatever the arrangements are, I would assume it is a win/win situation IF any clauses are put into the contract.

We do get our knickers in a twist over "what ifs".

I think for a lot of people, this is a difficult thing to comprehend. We’re so used to playing second fiddle to most teams, that the idea of us being major players is going to take some adjusting to.

Yep even Skysports haven't caught on yet, still making piss taking snide remarks about Oh Aston Villa have signed yet another player then in the next breath going back to Arsenal loaning some Spanish u21 player for a season, as if we are irrelevant

Yep even Skysports haven't caught on yet, still making piss taking snide remarks about Oh Aston Villa have signed yet another player then in the next breath going back to Arsenal loaning some Spanish u21 player for a season, as if we are irrelevant
But Arse are a big club 57........come on, keep up.

Just wait for the patronising to happen when the underdogs have the temerity to actually take points off the big six, play football and not hoofball, not defend with 10 behind the ball for 90mins.

Apparently the fee for Luiz is £16 million with add ons.
If there is a buy back clause, I'd imagine it would have to take into account the original fee, plus his wage, plus a percentage for improving the player, plus a percentage for getting him a work permit because at the moment he is useless to Man City.
To be honest I can't really see there being any sense in Man City putting in a buy back clause and add ons.

I think for a lot of people, this is a difficult thing to comprehend. We’re so used to playing second fiddle to most teams, that the idea of us being major players is going to take some adjusting to.
Are we... Are we.... Major players? Your words are doing things to my body that football has never done before.