The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Welcome Douggy

A double win is that Wes will now have a compatriot to help him settle in.
Wesley and Doug in our team - sounds like a pairing from the 70s!

He'll be our insurance policy when the rest of the the team attack

We needed a new team and we are building one. If you get a chance watch qpr the 4 year plan on prime, it's from when flavio breatorie and Eccles cake were owners, its funny and utterly ridiculous at the same time.

Has anyone else got a fuckin advert for Mercedes taking up half the screen , making it hard to look and reply to stuff , annoying

Watched a couple of YouTube videos with Man City fans really rating him. Apparently Pep was pissed off he couldn't get a work permit for the lad last year as he wanted to start using him in the first team. This way we get a quality player for a year or two and a hefty profit If we sell him back to City. Beats a loan deal any day.

Apparently Pep was pissed off he couldn't get a work permit for the lad last year as he wanted to start using him in the first team.

This is the bit I don't get. How can he be any more 'qualified' this season, bearing in mind he's yet to play for Brazil at full international level? We had problems with Kalinic first time around because he'd not played x amount of Croatia games.

Surely they've not relaxed the rules since -they'd have got tougher if anything?

The only thing I can think is that the club wouldn't have announced it unless they were pretty sure. Same kind of situation as Wesley I guess?

Genuinely confused to be honest :shrug:

There have been rule tweaks I think and it's where transfer value comes into it, plus an extra year out in Europe with game time (further youth international caps + latest co-efficient ratings blah blah blah - it all counts towards his points for a permit.

If we've announced we're confident or at least, confident on appeal with mitigating factors.

There have been rule tweaks I think and it's where transfer value comes into it, plus an extra year out in Europe with game time (further youth international caps + latest co-efficient ratings blah blah blah - it all counts towards his points for a permit.

If we've announced we're confident or at least, confident on appeal with mitigating factors.

Cheers mate :thumbup:

I don't understand it myself mate, but I know you get extra points for every £1m on the transfer fee and I'm sure I read points are available for every 5/10 extra caps at youth international level . I've also read about plenty of deals (that have an automatic loan out immediately where 15 extra appearances) with a Euro side being enough meaning that 12 month down the line the WP isn't an issue.

So I guess from a WP aspect given Pep's words, the 15m fee + his games last season/extra international caps are the swing vote here. Man City couldn't tick the box this year despite his extra games, but we can and it's why it's a buy with a buy back deal as opposed to straight loan.

It's the only way it makes sense to me.